Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

WHAT IS WRONG WITH A BROKEN BOTTLE... NOTHING AT ALL.

DeepSeaDan

Jun 9, 2013
I've tossed hundreds of broken top Bottles in the past many Years. BUT, For past couple of Years been keeping some with cool embossing figuring I'd Cut & make a glass out of IT. Bought a Glass cutter a Year ago but still haven' used it yet. Procrastinator I guess. LEON.
If you decide to start cutting, let me know, & I'll share what I've learned thus far. I'm at a point now where cut failures are few and far between. There's never a guarantee that a cut will have the optimal outcome, but there are a few hard-earned lessons that just might help.

DSD

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Aug 22, 2012
Show Me State (Missouri)
A broken bottle post of a different nature.
I am from the tiny town of Downing, MO, the town has never had much of population, even today it is less than 300 and my parents still live there. They had this paper label bottle and their stupid cat got up on their fireplace mantle and broke it. Fortunately they did not toss it and the label didn't get destroyed. I took the bottle and for years have looked high and low for a similar bottle. I found a nearly identical one on feebay, it arrived today and I moved the label to its new home. Now I can't decide whether or not to keep the old bottle. The whiskey and cork on the new bottle were my additions, which I think turned out nicely. H. CHOULETT was a liquor merchant so I thought this would be an appropriate way to display it.
downing.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaTay