Austin Dairy - Plymouth Wisconsin

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sode0093

Reaction score
I have been told this is a more rare milk bottle. Any idea of the value? 1 quart bottle, approximately 9 1/2" tall, embossed with Austin Dairy - Plymouth, WI. Thanks!

26A534DA9FF84A76B222A0AE076AF20D.jpg

Attachments

• 26A534DA9FF84A76B222A0AE076AF20D.jpg
    26A534DA9FF84A76B222A0AE076AF20D.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 92

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Sode,
Looks to be a pretty bottle in great condition. If it is someone's holy grail, it could be worth up to maybe $200. That never happens, though. If there is low interest, I would guess it would sell for $5-10 at an auction. With more bidding it could go in the $20-30 range. Hope this helped.

SkinsFan36

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

Hey Sode,
Looks to be a pretty bottle in great condition. If it is someone's holy grail, it could be worth up to maybe $200. That never happens, though.

Never say never. Happened to me a couple weeks ago so you never know. I found two mega rare NC milks that sold for over a grand a piece. Good luck I hope the same for you Sode!!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Wow Skins! Good for you! I've gotten my hopes up way too many times on rare milks. I had a collector tell me that a milk that I found was re-writing the books. The dairy wasn't known to be open early enough to have embossed bottles and I was holding one. He asked if it was for sale, and I said, "I'll give you a deal on it. How's ten bucks sound?" He was incredulous. What did I think? He was made out of money?

Sode0093

Reaction score
Wow skins is right, good for you! I am not really on the hunt for more bottles, I am actually looking to get rid of the bottles that got passed to me, as the collection is just too large and there is no place to put them in my home. Nice story blobbottlebob :)

SkinsFan36

Reaction score
Guess it all just depends on who wants it and how bad. I had no idea about the rarity of my bottles till I put one on ebay for 15 bucks and didn't expect to sell it for that really. I got numerous requests within an hour to end the auction early and it was a struggle not to take a 100 dollar offer to do so. An hour later a guy contacts me and says don't end the auction early this bottle could possibly go for 500. Last day of the auction it stayed at 340 for the last couple hours and I'm watching and refreshing on my phone and nothings happening. I refresh until there is only 3 seconds to go and still nothing. Then, BAM auction ends I refresh and it ended at 1210 I think was the number. I almost dropped my phone lol. I sold the duplicate to the same man, a really nice guy too.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
That is one sweet deal Skins. I really hope to be telling the same story someday. You know when people are trying to get you to end an auction early, you've got something decent. Once, I listed an antique oyster can on the bay. My buddies laughed at me for taking it home too. Somebody offered me $200 to end it early. I don't really like it when people close an auction that I am watching so, as a matter of policy, I wasn't going to close it. But I didn't want to offend or scare off someone who wanted to spend $200. Luckily, someone bid on the item whilst I was pondering what to do. I then emailed the guy and said that while I really appreciated his offer, it wasn't fair to the person who bid to close it early. He said he understood and then bid $250 on it later. He was the third bidder down and it closed for over $400. I guess that is my milk bottle story (just not with a milk).[:)]

SkinsFan36

Reaction score
Wow nice price you got for that! Yeah its hard not to close when you don't know what you have and what it will fetch. It was hard for me too because the stuff I sell isn't mine and I was worried I'd never get that 100 bucks out of the bottle and would have lost her money. I started looking around NC bottle clubs and milk collectors and contacting them about the bottle and they set my mind at ease that I would definitely be getting at least the hundred out of it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler