Eureka ILL. Bottle! Anyone ever seen one?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Hi I am just wondering if anybody has ever come across a bottle from Eureka Illinois? If so please PM me or just comment below. Thanks!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Hey there, did you find a Eureka bottle? If so, post details please! [:)]

Not too many bottles have been documented from Eureka but they're out there. Haven't dug any but have seen some in collections.

Dunno if you have the books, but these are the recorded ones:

Milks-
Eureka Store Bottle 5 (cents) (1 pint)
Meiner's Dairy Superior Milk Eureka, ILL (normal quart and cream separator)
Eureka Dairy Eureka, ILL (normal quart and cream separator)

Druggists-
F.B. Stumpf Pharmacy Eureka, ILL
F.B. Stumpf & Co. Druggists Eureka, ILL
O.P. Richards & Son Druggists Eureka, ILLs. (mortar and pestle)

Probably some unlisted bottles still waiting to be found. Imagine the uproar the hypothetical discovery of a Eureka hutch would cause in the collecting community, heh.

Bottleworm

Reaction score
No Plumbata I didn't find a Eureka bottle but if you had a picture of one you could post I would LOVE THAT! I can't imagine a Eureka Hutch that would be unbelievable if one was found. If I could just have one Eureka bottle that would make my life!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Your vascillating collecting foci perplexes me, Mr. Bottleworm. [:D]

So Eureka, IL is now your #1 interest? If so, I'll definitely ask around for you. A few years back I missed out on some Eureka druggists offered for sale on Craigslist, they were cheap but I was on a tight schedule and couldn't nab them before my trip to Ohio.

Any chance you'd like to meet up and try to dig some pits in Eureka sometime this year? Probably the best way to get the old Eureka bottles. I don't have much experience but do have a probe. Alternatively, over time I've trawled up a few leads on dumps in Eureka but haven't gone to check them out yet. If they end up being worthy I'll clue ya in on them.

druggistnut

Reaction score
Check by the Derer Lanes Bowling Alley. Go a tad bit west, across the creek, and north, across the railroad tracks.
Bill

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler