Help Identifying and Dating Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sean7147

Reaction score
Hi guys, I found a few bottles a few days ago at an old campsite in Kalgoolie, Western Australia.I am trying to date one of them, and get general information on the other. One is an Udolpho Wolfes aromatic schnapps bottle, 3 sides embossed, 1: Udolpho Wolfes 2: Aromatic Schnapps 3: This bottle always remains the property of M Moss & Co pty ltd 4: Blank.It has a large pimple on the bottom embossed with AGM 7 (Australian Glass Manufacturers?).Would love to know the production dates of this bottle. Second is a large (32.5cm) dark amber beer bottle embossed with 'This bottle is the property of The West Australian Glass Manufacturers ltd', it has a simple cask design inside a circle. The base is embossed '1823' and has an L7 inside a triangle.Would love any further info on this one. Thank you.Sean. Sorry photo's won't upload for some reason.

sean7147

Reaction score
image.tiff

sean7147

Reaction score
Sorry I don't know if these links will work.I'm getting a msg say that my pictures are incompatible.

2find4me

Reaction score
You are correct on AGM standing for Australian Glass Manufacturers. Assuming that your bottle is Green in color, does it look like THIS? If the Manufacturers Mark (AGM) is in Monogram Form or Line Lettering (Pointy A) the bottle dates from 1916 to 1923 & is worth around $30-$40 depending on color & condition. The Amber Beer should have "P&F B.E Co Ltd" embossed inside the Barrel or Cask. Not really sure on the age of this one, a description of the seams on the sides of the bottle would help. Probably a $20+ bottle depending on condition.[h4][size="+1"] [/size][/h4]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
image.tiff
Can you convert the tiff to jpeg or something. I don't know how true it is now but tiff use to be an acronym for "thousands of incompatible file formats" .... or something like that.[:D]I have no idea what the "fake-url" is meant to be.[8|]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler