WHERE is my sign from??? Sunset Beverages

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Eric

Reaction score
Unique sign ... Polly Pop from Independence, MO had signs made like that with the deep embossed (almost completely through the cardboard) lettering.... made in the 1940's... those could be from any of the bottlersas many bottlers were responsible for their own advertisement. unless it has a marking or the seller has historyon it.. it will be anyone's guess.Nice sign

Eric

Reaction score
Sorry Polly's Pop... same style of die cutting/embossing... maybe same company...[attachment=pollysign.JPG]

Attachments

• a6fae4f04b064d56ba2ed8501e12b418.jpg
    a6fae4f04b064d56ba2ed8501e12b418.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 53

carling

Reaction score
Eric, That Polly's sign is a nice sign! Nice colors, too. The seller of the Sunset Beverages sign didn't have any information on the sign, as he asked me first if I knew where it could be from, so no help there. You reminded me that I forgot to add what it says (stamped in ink) on the back of the Sunset sign, although it doesn't help: Embossed Sign Service318 W. Randolph St. - ChicagoANDOVER 6442 I googled the address, and it is in the heart of downtown Chicago. Doesn't look like there's anything there anymore except newer skyscrapers and parking lots. The cardboard itself is marked Crescent Quality Boards. Their web site says they've been around over 100 years.

carling

Reaction score
Also, the ebay seller of the sign is from Danielsville, PA. One of the bottles I posted, Sunset Drink by the Tamecki Sons, is from Mt. Carmel, PA. (Not Mt. Auburn like I wrote in error next to the picture of the Sunset Drink bottle). Anyway, Mt. Carmel is only 60 miles from the seller in Danielsville, PA. Not that that means much nowadays, since you can find a sign thousands of miles away from its origin. I tried researching the Tamecki Sons bottlers to find an example of their advertising, but there's not much info online, they must have been a small family operation. They did also have an embossed bottle that said Sun Set on it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis