a hot tues. finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, went digging today. did't find much in bottles. one i found i'm real please with. it's a budd's soda, ridgley taylor ellicott city, md. owens illinois on base 3 on left and 4 on right. it was strange that in this one spot, marbles get poping out, 20 of them. thanks for looking, any information appreciated. rhona

A5F7511A2FCD43C0B3677546E5896F1C.jpg

Attachments

• A5F7511A2FCD43C0B3677546E5896F1C.jpg
    A5F7511A2FCD43C0B3677546E5896F1C.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 62

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi ben, i don't know how old they are. i need to clean them up and get a better pic. i know there are a couple of members that are pretty informed on marbles. thanks for looking, rhona

capsoda

Reaction score
Great pile of marbles Rhona and I love the great green soda too. You are a real Super Girl to be out diggin in this heat. Way to go........[:)]

Bottleman

Reaction score
Very nice dig with those marbles. I always enjoy digging a marble now and then. One of them looks like it might “glow†under a black light. The second row in from the front in the center (light green with white stripes). I am not a marble expert but from the bottles you found I would date your marbles from the 1920s-1930s. Someone out there will probably know the exact date though.

~~Tom

madman

Reaction score
hey rohna cool soda!! nice marbles!! i think i lost mine in this heat take care mike

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Rhona, nice finds, to me finding a marble is being a kid again! You've got some great colors. I use old marble game boards to display my marbles, I'll have to take some pics. I always wonder about the kids that used to play with them. Love to display latest marble finds on the tops of my latest bottle finds also. Now that you have a pic of them you can mix them in with others and still id them to that site later. You can also keep them in a little jar from that site and id them that way. Once I got accidently got cow pies all over my jeans just trying to coax one little yellow cat's eye marble out from under an long abandoned tenant farmhouse, also had to crawl in under the other corner with a honeybee nest a couple feet above my head. Your soda sounds like 1934 and if the coke came from the same place, I think you've dated your spot and the marbles to being thrown out from 34 to 35.

wvhillbilly

Reaction score
Nice marbles and bottles Ive been trying to ID some of my marbles latly that can be a .....[;)]

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi warren, tom, mike, colboltbot, wvhillbilly and teresa l, i'm very pleased with the green soda, anything from ellicott city is spl. i dug most of the time sitting down. this is the 2nd spot that i found a lot of marbles in about a 6" sq. area. the coke from 1935 and the budd's where within a couple of ft. of each other and the same depth. i have to watch out for the deer "pies". i tried to keep the marbles sep. but had to give up on that. most are in a jar now. i also tried researching the marbles, too many for me to figure out. thanks everyone one for looking and the information, greatly appreaciated. rhona PS mike i found your marbles[:D]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28