Bottle finds from a dumpsite/creek

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dapperandy

Reaction score
There are shards everywhere and I found a really good spot among the many potential places to dig so I might go back and do that soon. These were all surface finds. The ketchup, soda and smallest bottle are Owens-Illinois. Ketchup and small one are from 1945. Soda is from 1938. The dark medicine bottle says whitehall in the side but I believe its not too old with the plastic cap and the brockway marking on the bottom I believe is 1972.

Any info on these bottles would be appreciated. I might post some close-ups, bottoms.

B7E5F599F3944BA5875926AF9DDE0FB6.jpg

Attachments

• B7E5F599F3944BA5875926AF9DDE0FB6.jpg
    B7E5F599F3944BA5875926AF9DDE0FB6.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 60

epackage

Reaction score
Looks like you're gonna end up with alot of boxes of bottles you wish you had never taken in a few years, sorry but that's the truth...Keep on diggin and find some really nice stuff to display, trust me you'll be much happier in the long run....Jim[;)]

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
dapperandy ~

Welcome to Antique-Bottles.net. It's great to see new members. If/when you come up with any more soda bottles, please be sure to share them with us sody people in the soda pop section. I hope to see you there soon.

Keep on ah diggin' and keep on ah keepin' !

Sodapopbob

[ Drink Bob's Cola - Good For Thirst ]

B4D5CC17D9B8445B8ECE2BC0652591EF.jpg

Attachments

• B4D5CC17D9B8445B8ECE2BC0652591EF.jpg
    B4D5CC17D9B8445B8ECE2BC0652591EF.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 42

KBbottles

Reaction score
Its a fun start... Id say that you should definitely read through a lot of this forum to get a better idea of what to look for. Also look up bottle shows in your area and go even just to talk to dealers, diggers, and collectors. Figure out which categories and types you want to collect, etc... Ill be honest, i had stuff like that many years ago, but besides the not so old sodas that got donated to an antique store, the rest ended up in the recycle bin.

Dont give up searching though as there is plenty of good stuff out there to uncover! Enjoy and welcome to the hobby.

-KB

epackage

Reaction score
I can send you some bottles if you would like, something a little bit better, no charge just say the word....Jim[8D]

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

I can send you some bottles if you would like, something a little bit better, no charge just say the word....Jim[8D]
Shouldn't u be out looking for bottles after that storm lastnight Epack?

Picklejar

Reaction score
Welcome Dapperandy! I have to agree with the above members, you've got what might as well be a modern trash pile. But the spirit is there, so keep on hunting. If dumps are your thing (and depending where in the country you live) try railroad embankments, woods that butt up to older (pre-1920s) homes, roads that have a bend or curve in them and overlook a patch of woods. Anywhere that someone could quickly and discreetly dump off trash. Many times a person would have had a little trail that led 30 to 40 ft into the treeline behind their home, ending into a dedicated dumpsite. I encountered a huge dump like this where the whole neighborhood walked to this one area in the woods to dump. I found many TOC and 1920s stuff just on the surface! Do your research (town maps, old folks, etc.), get some tools and just have fun. Be warned, this hobby once taken up, can be like an addiction! Cheers! ----Joe

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Picklejar

Welcome Dapperandy! I have to agree with the above members, you've got what might as well be a modern trash pile. But the spirit is there, so keep on hunting. If dumps are your thing (and depending where in the country you live) try railroad embankments, woods that butt up to older (pre-1920s) homes, roads that have a bend or curve in them and overlook a patch of woods. Anywhere that someone could quickly and discreetly dump off trash. Many times a person would have had a little trail that led 30 to 40 ft into the treeline behind their home, ending into a dedicated dumpsite. I encountered a huge dump like this where the whole neighborhood walked to this one area in the woods to dump. I found many TOC and 1920s stuff just on the surface! Do your research (town maps, old folks, etc.), get some tools and just have fun. Be warned, this hobby once taken up, can be like an addiction! Cheers! ----Joe
SAY WHAT?
Be warned, this hobby once taken up, can be like an addiction!

IT IS A ADDICTION!!! I always want to dig!!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: creeper71

ORIGINAL: epackage

Shouldn't u be out looking for bottles after that storm lastnight Epack?
Last night, it didn't stop here until 10am and then I couldn't get out of my development...LOL[8D]

dapperandy

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies. I was pretty sure nothing I had was very good but just thought I'd make a first post. Still learning and everything. The soda bottle was the coolest as it is embossed "Quality Soda Works Toronto, Ohio".

Anyhow I'm gonna do more looking/digging and will report back when I do.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem