fighting a large hunk of metal

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, went diggin today, seem like i spent most of my time digging out lots of rusted metal. found a few things not broken. spent most of my time trying to dig around a big hunk of rusted stuff. finally got it loose and set it on the hill above me. i look at it for awhile then realize it was one of those old heavy toy cars, about 12" long. couldn't get it home today, hope it still there when i go back. here's some pics. thanks for looking. any information welcome. rhona this is higher up the hill close to the old red house

A6500FCD0C0346148E72457D1FBFCB76.jpg

Attachments

• A6500FCD0C0346148E72457D1FBFCB76.jpg
    A6500FCD0C0346148E72457D1FBFCB76.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 67

Mike O

Reaction score
That's a cool looking dump! looks like there is still loots there waiting to be dup up. Good luck

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi mike o, thanks for looking. i only get to dig for a couple of hours when i go. it's a large area and like an obstacle course. hope i can find some things tomorrow. rhona

Reddielocks25

Reaction score
Good finds Rhona ! Be care of that tree ,don't let it fall on you lol .I have had one nearly fall on me while digging near and underneath it. Close call ! I guess that why they say never dig alone ! [&:]

madpaddla

Reaction score
Rhona:
Loving the digging pics. Your going after that tree huh. Seems nice. Ummm and the marbles. Your up on me in marbles bad. Man it just looks like there are bottles everywhere. Keep pulling up those bottles and once again great pics.
Madpaddla

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi reddielocks and ben, thanks for looking, yes i will watch out for the tree. i'm going to dig at the one to the left of it next. happy digging, rhona

DIGGER DAVE

Reaction score
Way to go !!
Looks like a promising dump ! It always amazes me how many marbles we diggers come across. I mean really, if you think of the size of them and the likely hood that someone would actually gather them up just to throw out with the trash in these dumps is astounding ! Dont even get me started on the odds of us maniacs with our picks and shovels tossing trail dirt actually finding them !!! Am I alone in my awe of this tiny mystery of life ? Its just incredible to me that regardless of what part of the country you dig, we all have a jar full of these little childhood treasures ! Sorry , it has been on my mind and I just had to get it out there !!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese