Fun Early Texas Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Great dig in my book! Kicks ass on last 6 months of digging finds for me! My favorites are the Radway and the Ballard as they look super crude & funky. And I know how tough it is to find pontiled stuff that far west! Super nice going! Just don't tell the arkies! HA! Jack

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
PS- the Radway's apparently is a double misspelling. The abbreviation for 'according' should only have one "C" embossed and is the rarer of the variants......

Lordbud

Reaction score
The Radway looks kind of small...? Might it be a sample size? That would make sense then, for the missing letters trying to fit the embossing on a smaller size bottle. I would definitely go back to the sandy pit when it is safe to do so.

nhpharm

Reaction score
The Radway bottle is the standard small size...I have seen them with the corrected lettering (two c's in accord and the r in York). I got into one side of the sandy pit yesterday but it is definitely too wet. Will try again this summer. Pulled out a beautiful crude 3-mold amber whiskey and a few slick wines before the hole became quicksand.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
That's the way, we say New York, down here. Great group of bottles!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler