Mystery Emerald Green Back Bar Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Hello Everyone:

I have a nice back bar bottle I know nothing about. 10" emerald green back bar bottle. Second photo with light behind it. Lower third is 12-sided with flat panels. Shoulder has 11-sided looped facets. Applied ring on neck, polished pontil. Pristine condition. I know with no label or no embossing it's a tough guess. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Andy

Attachments

• Bottle.jpg
    Bottle.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 109
  • Bottle2.jpg
    Bottle2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 105

sunrunner

Reaction score
nice bottle . let's look at the bottom

botlguy

Reaction score
I will post a photo of the bottom on Monday. Does this bottle have any value?
It definitely has value, how much depends on buyer and seller. My guess is $25 - $50. I used to have one exactly like it but in an Orange / Amber color. I always believed it to be a Brandy decanter from the late 1800s. It's made of very high quality lead glass.
Jim

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Wow, $25-$50 seems really cheap for higher quality glass in an early bottle. I would buy anything of this same quality all day long for that price!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Ground pontil. There would have been a pontil mark, probably from a pontil rod, that was then ground off after the bottle was made. You see that a lot with decanters and more fancy types of blown table ware. It doesn't help on dating all that much tho, as there seems to have been a big range of time when they produced wares with ground pontils.

It DOES suggest that this isn't a reproduction or modern piece though.

Jim G

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler