Dowling Bros - Kingston Ontario acl soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
another bottle I had recently acquired and had been meaning to post , found this one on ebay and though it was neat .

don't really know a lot about it , listing in the book is for 1948-1950 , Dowling Bros doesn't appear to have existed for that long and this is the only design of bottle I have seen from the company

have a few other Kingston Ontario bottles but don't see that many for sale and its a neat city so figured it make a good addition

back of the bottle reads "bottled for your enjoyment by Dowling Bros Kingston Ont Dial 9051 "

dowling-kingstonN.jpgdowling-kingstonN1.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice one! I'd consider Kingston semi-local to me (specifically the southwesternmost point of my Ontario collecting range) and I've never seen one of those before.

RCO

Reaction score
Nice one! I'd consider Kingston semi-local to me (specifically the southwesternmost point of my Ontario collecting range) and I've never seen one of those before.

I haven't really seen many of them before either but there is at least 10 other similar bottles or 9 as its possible mine originally came from this lot .

saw online an old auction listing from 2013 from Kingston where somebody had 10 of these bottles for sale at the time , someone must of found an old crate or box of them , that had been stashed away

http://auctionnearyou.maxsold.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/217/lot/23531/

RCO

Reaction score
I can't seem to find it but I also seem to recall seeing a post from a couple years back where Mark Gerrertsen the former mayor / now mp had found one of these bottles but I can't seem to find it maybe it was on facebook or something and its not coming up on google , but I'm pretty sure he found one during a home renovation or in an old house if I recall it right

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis