Nickel Belt Bottling Works - Sudbury Ont soda bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
still going thru all the bottle show finds , this was another one i found there . had never seen it before , but is a listing for Nickel Belt Bottling Works in ontario bottlers book says they operated from 1935-1949 from a location in Sudbury Ontario

obviously when i first saw the bottle assumed it was from Sudbury as that area is well known for its Nickel Mines and often refered to as the nickel belt .

bottle itself is a 6 1/2 oz beehive style bottle made by dominion glass , embossed " Nickel Belt Bottling Works Co "

nickelbeltbottlingworks.JPG
nickelbeltbottlingworks1.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
the only thing that comes up if i search them online is an old sudbury directory from 1939

says " Nickel Belt Bottling Wks " 435 copper cliff rd

nickelbelt.png

JKL

Reaction score
Thats a great bottle. Haven't seen that one before.
I like that directory too. Dont think I've seen a Nickel City Beverage bottle either.
Smile, Sudbury Brewing and Malting and Star are pretty well known and they are listed here.
Very cool!

RCO

Reaction score
Thats a great bottle. Haven't seen that one before.
I like that directory too. Dont think I've seen a Nickel City Beverage bottle either.
Smile, Sudbury Brewing and Malting and Star are pretty well known and they are listed here.
Very cool!
nickel city beverages is listed as being the coca cola bottler for that area , so might of just bottled coke products and not actually had any of there own flavours

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp