Old Pioneer bottle, fancy whiskey? Crystal?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottleheadz

Reaction score
Okay so not exactly sure on the age. From a pit that dates from 1890-1915. It doesn't have a mold seem anywhere on it!! It's the heaviest bottle I've ever seen in all my years collecting. It's a very fancy bottle that looks like it was all crystal and beveled cut/polished facets around it. Gold leaf embossed. The thing is a work of art before it's a bottle. Again no mold seems anywhere. My best guess was that it was a fancy Crystal whiskey bottle made only for the wealthy. The wall thickness of glass is atleast 3/8ths thick everywhere and the bottom 1/2 inch thick. Lead glass decanter maybe? When you hold it and tap it, it sounds like a crystal glass ware.. Was it possible that it came from a machine and they post processed it by polishing/sanding it? Any ideas out there? Heaviest bottle you will ever hold... Everyone probably gets tired of seeing people ask for values but I imagine this one is special. Can anyone put a value on it? I still need to polish and clean it up..
View attachment 177227View attachment 177228View attachment 177229

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice one! What you've got there is a back bar bottle. It sat at the back of the bar advertising the brand, rather than the regular bottle which would have been more plain-looking.

Bottleheadz

Reaction score
Also- I can't find that name brand anywhere on the net... Anyways it all makes sense now. Back Bar bottle.. Very cool.. Thanks

Last edited:

sandchip

Reaction score
Sure, it had something in it, although usually the good stuff.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler