c1930 Glass Motorcycle Candy Container

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CarltonHendricks

Reaction score

Here's my latest greatest eBay pick up...This candy container was produced in Argentina...the seller told me Quote "yours has engraved on its front wheel "Industria Argentina" Unquote..It was produced for the Mu-Mu Candy Company in Buenos Aires Argentina...the styling of the art looks c1930...The paint ist about 5%-10%...pretty lame unless...as in this case...it's very rare...being I had never seen one I queried the seller...he said he's seen five in twenty years...said he had one with 80% paint he sold for $1,000.00...I gave $630.00 plus the shipping...I didn't just roll over...I spent some time reviewing the market for the glass genera of candy container...From what I saw the prices are either really cheap for what I assume were the common one...like $20.00-$200.00....or really pricey for others (that had paint similar to mine)...up to about $5,000.00....

My feeling was I wanted it for $500.00 or less...but it had a BIN of $799.00...and I figured if it was as rare as I thought...somebody was libel to hit the BIN....so I emailed the guy and showed him photos of my perfume bottle and offered $630.00...and he took it...another thing that concerned me was someone had asked a question...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=226193
I've got a motorcycle racer perfume bottle I got a couple years ago that looks very similar to this...That one was German...

hemihampton

Reaction score
Very Interesting & Cool. Never seen one before. Congrats on the pick up. LEON.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler