Lightbulb Corning & Tappan Perfumers NY clock

Thank you for accepting me. I have a perfumers clock and I have not been able to find any information about it. Wondering if anyone has ever seen one. It is small and has a curio section below the clock face area that has two shelves to display small items. Face reads Corning & Tappan Perfumers, NY. Susan

Senior Member Bottle Master Spirit Bear's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum.

Well, Google Books has references to the company in question from the 1880s to 1950s. If you could provide images, I might be able to narrow down an age on the clock. Images of the mechanism itself also help.
    Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Bear View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Well, Google Books has references to the company in question from the 1880s to 1950s. If you could provide images, I might be able to narrow down an age on the clock. Images of the mechanism itself also help.
    The only picture I have is on my phone and I cannot access it on my computer. I'll keep trying til I can send you a picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39051745_314061202494734_4352726050556346368_n.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	183891Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39015400_224339791589441_2369212189354491904_n.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	183890
    Last edited by Suenorris51; 08-12-2018 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Add picture

This is the clock. The glass lifts from the bottom. The only information I was able to find is that it may have been given as a premium when someone purchased perfume or it could possibly have been a stamp type item used during prohibition. It is in very good condition. Thank you for your help with this. Susan

Senior Member Bottle Master
    That's a very nice piece. Looks like a 1890's advertising item that would likely have been on the counter of a store with the perfume for sale in the cabinet. I doubt it was any sort of giveaway.

Senior Member Bottle Master Spirit Bear's Avatar
    Yes, without seeing the mechanism, I should also think it from around the turn of the 20th century. I also agree that it was not given away as a premium, but, rather, sat on their counter or the counter of someone who sold their products.
    Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.

Thank you for your help. I inherited this item and have no idea of it's value. I can see how it may have been part of a display.

Thank you for your help. I may take this to a clock repairman to see if they know anything about it and what it's value may be.