Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Senior Member Bottle Master Screwtop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Carter County Kentucky
    Posts
    345

    Base script Coca Cola

    I love these things. This one's from Birmingham Alabama.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0281.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	189381
    In all my perplexity's and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.
    - Robert E. Lee

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bottle Master Screwtop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Carter County Kentucky
    Posts
    345
    I watched this thing up for auction twice. I couldn't bear to leave it without a home...
    In all my perplexity's and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.
    - Robert E. Lee

  3. #3
    Senior Member Bottle Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Connellsville, PA
    Posts
    289
    Nice new addition to your collection. Lots of bottles on Ebay go without bids or only get one bid anymore. I want to say it's a buyer's market but shipping fees are painful!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Bottle Master
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,023
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternPA-collector View Post
    Nice new addition to your collection. Lots of bottles on Ebay go without bids or only get one bid anymore. I want to say it's a buyer's market but shipping fees are painful!
    Yeah I've noticed that the prices have come down on a lot of Canadian bottles on Ebay as well, but the shipping prices (often something like $25 for one bottle) make it unreasonable. Meanwhile the prices at bottle shows have been skyrocketing for some reason.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Bottle Master iggyworf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    S.E. Michigan
    Posts
    1,753
    Yes! it's the shipping fees that kill a buyer. Nice bottle!

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,109
    It's hard to sell a $5 or $10 bottle on ebay when the seller then wants $15 to ship. LEON.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Bottle Master GLASSHOPPER55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    LaPorte County, Indiana
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by hemihampton View Post
    It's hard to sell a $5 or $10 bottle on ebay when the seller then wants $15 to ship. LEON.
    Leon, didn't they supposedly crack down on that once? (Gouging on shipping?).
    "Digging Up the Past --- One Bottle at a Time, Since 1969"

  8. #8
    Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,109
    Quote Originally Posted by GLASSHOPPER55 View Post
    Leon, didn't they supposedly crack down on that once? (Gouging on shipping?).

    Yeah, but that's totally different. thats was when say somebody had a $20 item for sale. They would then say $1.00 for item but $19.00 to ship. That way they only had to pay ebay a % of the $1.00. Now ebay eliminated that buy charging you a % on shipping fees. Ebay also pretty much eliminated Reserves by charging you a fortune or huge amount to use a Reserve. LEON.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bottle Master GLASSHOPPER55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    LaPorte County, Indiana
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by hemihampton View Post
    Yeah, but that's totally different. thats was when say somebody had a $20 item for sale. They would then say $1.00 for item but $19.00 to ship. That way they only had to pay ebay a % of the $1.00. Now ebay eliminated that buy charging you a % on shipping fees. Ebay also pretty much eliminated Reserves by charging you a fortune or huge amount to use a Reserve. LEON.
    10-4 Thanx for the clarification.
    "Digging Up the Past --- One Bottle at a Time, Since 1969"

  10. #10
    Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,109
    I recently shipped/mailed a heavy bottle to San Diego California from Detroit. A long ways. Buyer hurry up & paid before I could send invoice. Description said wait for invoice before you pay, he didn't listen. paid within 1 minute after Auction. Paid $14 shipping. it actually cost me $19.00 to ship. When I told buyer he shorted me $5.00 on shipping he blew a major gasket. maybe if it was a buck or so I wouldn't have said anything but $5 a lot to get shorted on shipping. SO, Sometimes a high shipping price on certain bottles certain long distances are legit. I always refund any extra paid on shipping. LEON.


    P.S. Sorry foir the Hijack.


    Last edited by hemihampton; 07-14-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •