Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Bottle Master Screwtop's Avatar

Base script Coca Cola

I love these things. This one's from Birmingham Alabama.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0281.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	189381
    In all my perplexity's and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.
    - Robert E. Lee

Senior Member Bottle Master Screwtop's Avatar
    I watched this thing up for auction twice. I couldn't bear to leave it without a home...
    In all my perplexity's and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.
    - Robert E. Lee

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Nice new addition to your collection. Lots of bottles on Ebay go without bids or only get one bid anymore. I want to say it's a buyer's market but shipping fees are painful!

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternPA-collector View Post
    Nice new addition to your collection. Lots of bottles on Ebay go without bids or only get one bid anymore. I want to say it's a buyer's market but shipping fees are painful!
    Yeah I've noticed that the prices have come down on a lot of Canadian bottles on Ebay as well, but the shipping prices (often something like $25 for one bottle) make it unreasonable. Meanwhile the prices at bottle shows have been skyrocketing for some reason.

Senior Member Bottle Master iggyworf's Avatar
    Yes! it's the shipping fees that kill a buyer. Nice bottle!

Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    It's hard to sell a $5 or $10 bottle on ebay when the seller then wants $15 to ship. LEON.

Senior Member Bottle Master GLASSHOPPER55's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hemihampton View Post
    It's hard to sell a $5 or $10 bottle on ebay when the seller then wants $15 to ship. LEON.
    Leon, didn't they supposedly crack down on that once? (Gouging on shipping?).
    "Digging Up the Past --- One Bottle at a Time, Since 1969"

Quote Originally Posted by GLASSHOPPER55 View Post
    Leon, didn't they supposedly crack down on that once? (Gouging on shipping?).

Yeah, but that's totally different. thats was when say somebody had a $20 item for sale. They would then say $1.00 for item but $19.00 to ship. That way they only had to pay ebay a % of the $1.00. Now ebay eliminated that buy charging you a % on shipping fees. Ebay also pretty much eliminated Reserves by charging you a fortune or huge amount to use a Reserve. LEON.

Senior Member Bottle Master GLASSHOPPER55's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hemihampton View Post
    Yeah, but that's totally different. thats was when say somebody had a $20 item for sale. They would then say $1.00 for item but $19.00 to ship. That way they only had to pay ebay a % of the $1.00. Now ebay eliminated that buy charging you a % on shipping fees. Ebay also pretty much eliminated Reserves by charging you a fortune or huge amount to use a Reserve. LEON.
    10-4 Thanx for the clarification.
    "Digging Up the Past --- One Bottle at a Time, Since 1969"

I recently shipped/mailed a heavy bottle to San Diego California from Detroit. A long ways. Buyer hurry up & paid before I could send invoice. Description said wait for invoice before you pay, he didn't listen. paid within 1 minute after Auction. Paid $14 shipping. it actually cost me $19.00 to ship. When I told buyer he shorted me $5.00 on shipping he blew a major gasket. maybe if it was a buck or so I wouldn't have said anything but $5 a lot to get shorted on shipping. SO, Sometimes a high shipping price on certain bottles certain long distances are legit. I always refund any extra paid on shipping. LEON.

P.S. Sorry foir the Hijack.

Last edited by hemihampton; 07-14-2019 at 08:59 PM.