Coca Cola bottles...common or of any value?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

OldBot

Reaction score
We have 4 coca cola bottles:

AMARILLO TEX 1976 ACL (return for deposit/money back bottle)

DEMING NM 1975 ACL (return for deposit/money back bottle)

THIBODAUX LA 1968 ACL

HOUSTON TEX 1957 embossed (chip in the base)

I have now learned how to see the date on these bottles and just read that Coke quit embossing in 1957...learning a lot here!

Thank you for any information.

naylor

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect those ones to be old enough, or from rare enough towns, to hold much value. Those ACL's would be from the "random town" era. And 1957 is when they started producing ACL, but there were still some Patent Office embossed bottles being produced into the early '60s -- there wasn't really a clean cutoff, so the date ranges overlap a bit. Enjoy them!

OldBot

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect those ones to be old enough, or from rare enough towns, to hold much value. Those ACL's would be from the "random town" era. And 1957 is when they started producing ACL, but there were still some Patent Office embossed bottles being produced into the early '60s -- there wasn't really a clean cutoff, so the date ranges overlap a bit. Enjoy them!
OK, thanks for sharing your knowledge.

hemihampton

Reaction score
For Hobbleskirt Cokes the best value ones are usually the older 1915 dated bottles or the 1923 Christmas cokes with some exceptions. the 1915 & 1923 Christmas Cokes will have big dates right under the Coca Cola wording. Leon.
Coke1915closeup.JPG
1923denvercloseup.JPG

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen