Pepsi Bottle 1956?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
As others said, the cap isn't original. But for a buck you can't go wrong. Going by the case wear on the bottle, it has been refilled and re-used a lot.

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
I remember back in the late 60s-early 70s going to the store picking out all the "old" style Pepsi's and/or Cokes and assembling a 6 pack of them and saving them. They were there for the easy pickin'. Good times!

Nactex

Reaction score
This may have been discussed earlier, but the US 50's PC bottles had PEPSI-COLA on the shoulder design written from the bottom up and the Canadian bottles were written from the top down.

nreynolds

Reaction score
I picked this up today at a yard sale for $1.00. I think from the numbers on the bottom it is a 1956 but I am not sure. I know the cap isn't 1956 so I was wondering if it was refilled or a reproduction? The numbers on the bottom are 579 4 856 16. Still a nice bottle :cool:

I began working for our local Pepsi bottler in 1978. At that time returnable-glass still dominated the market. We bottled and sold 10oz., 12oz., and of course 16oz. glass. I would find ACL bottles like yours quite often in 10 or 12 ounce cases as well as old cartons. Your bottle could very well have been filled by a Pepsi bottler. These bottles, as well as the cartons and wooden shells, were nothing more than a way to get product to the consumer and many were used over and over until they were broken or that size package was discontinued by the bottler. By 1990 we had quit bottling 10 and 12 ounce returnable bottles so those were sold for scrap or to other bottlers. I remember the General Manager telling us once that a new 16oz. returnable bottle needed to be filled, sold, returned, and refilled something like 5 times and that bottle was paid for. Think of how many times your bottle went through that cycle!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger