where to start

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jojo

Reaction score
i have this very old dump ,maybe 2-3 ft plus high not really sure, There is so much stuff,glass,rusty cans.Should i bring a rack and start at the bottom, This is high and wide. I know the good stuff is at the bottom.I found a porceline dolls head, broken, but the pieces are there. I am going back to get it and use super glue ,i also found a paper weight with a picture of a girl 1862

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Everyone says to dig methodically and carefully from one side to the other. I"m not disciplined enough to do that, so I wind up finding a "hot spot" in the dump and tunnelling through like a crazed gopher, following the oldest vein of glass I find. Good luck, what ever you choose.
The Paper weight sounds GREAT! Do you have a picture you can post ? It could be valuable!
Bram

JGUIS

Reaction score
I'm not a "refined" digger either. I usually go about middle of the area if it has size to it and dig a hole to the bottom. If I'm hitting goods, I move downhill till it runs out. Doing it that way gives you a hole and a dirt dam to fill in as you work your way uphill. I'm not a tree hugger, but I figure it took someone 20 years to fill some of these ravines with trash and dirt, I might as well make an attempt to backfill instead of reopening a wash completely. I've checked on how this worked after the big rains came through awhile back, and after next fall, I doubt you will be able to tell it was dug.[;)]

jojo

Reaction score
I will have pictures

I am not computer savy, but i do have a digital camera,i will take my little thinga majig to walley world to have it put into a disk. So i can show some of these pictures.but thanks everyone for sending me to different websites, so that i will know if i have a keeper.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis