$10,000 Puce Dr. Townsends dug in N.O.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
Well its kinda funny as i was logging onto the site to share the news of this find only to find the news of the find beat me to it, news travels very fast in the bottle world!!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Amazing find, I'm looking forward to the pics once it's cleaned. Congratulations!

sandchip

Reaction score
Relicsnstuff said:
Well its been awhile since i have been on the site, i am the one pulling that strawberry pink puce Townsend's out the hole, just an unbeliveable such a bottle was found, anyways i will post some new pics when its cleaned.

You've been bottle-blessed for sure. Didn't you also find the green one with the weird and rare top a couple of years back? You're like a Townsend's magnet! Is the puce example OP? Seems like all the puce and apricot examples that I've heard of seem to be OP instead of the usual sandchip pontil found on the olive green and olive amber examples.

deenodean

Reaction score
That thing has my vote for FIND of the year. How does it compare to the ' infamous ' Puce Eagle ' that shows up every so often on this website? [:D]

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
Yes, i found the other one also, this one is open pontiled, i have found more than my share of good bottles, not bragging, (maybe a little) when its cleaned i will post more pics. I see the picture upload has changed, i was going to post a picture of the other Townsend's but i am not sure how to do it, how does this url thing work?

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
It is a fantastic find. The best I've seen in a couple of years. Maybe when Relicsnstuff gets the photo download thing figured out he can show it off (along with the other one) .,.Anticipation is killing me

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
I sent to bass assassin, he is going to post them for me, I am going to have to learn how to use the uploader!!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
deenodean said:
That thing has my vote for FIND of the year. How does it compare to the ' infamous ' Puce Eagle ' that shows up every so often on this website? [:D]
No comparison really. The Dyottville eagles are far and few in any color, the Townsends are relatively common and lasted longer but not common in that color either. Condition and age of both would be the biggest thing for value and I can't determine that.

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Joe sent me a video of the Townsend's and I can't load it. Joe, can you send me some photos until I can solve the video problem?

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
Bass assassin check your P.M i can't send any pictures yet. The condition is as good as its gets for a dug bottle no damage, and open pontil, if bass assassin can get the video uploaded i think most here would agree

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator