1000 assorted for sale

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Stoney

Reaction score
I'm interested in selling the last of my father's collection... They can be seen at http://community.webshots.com/user/teddyeti Lot #3...

Any input would be appreciated... I have a $1000.00 offer at this point... Should I hold out for more??? He could use the cash... Thanks for looking...

brokenshovel

Reaction score
RE: 875 assorted for sale

Kinda hard to tell all that you have.

I would sort out the bottles and do a little homework. Don't have the time: 1 guy, $1k he picks up? sell

epgorge

Reaction score

It isreallyhard to tell without seeing embossments etc. It is as anything else, the more time you put into it the more value it well recieve.

The inks alone could be worthy of $150-200 dollars. I would list any bottle with embossment so we can see and research their values.

From the amount of bottles shown and the few goodies I can see, I would think $1000 is low. A good deal for whomever pays it.

Of course, there is less work selling it as a collection. I don't know how much time you have but I would research first. Know what you have and then attmept to get the hgest price you can. That could be lucrative subsidiary for your father over the next couple of years.

Joel
Joel

frank

Reaction score

A very nice bottles if they guy offered $1000.00 for the whole lot i would take it!! There a lot junk bottles too!!

Stoney

Reaction score

Thanks for the input guys...

I don't have the time or energy to sort any farther, but... I just found and added photos of 55 more, including a bunch of half gallon masons, some pints plus a partial crate of lids, caps rings etc... That brings the total to 930 plus the crate of misc...

I think there are a few dozen quart masons in the basement that I'll photograph and include...

I'm gonna try for $1200.00....

epgorge

Reaction score

Dude,
Look, this person knows something you don't know. Knowledge is power.

Are you looking out for your dad's best inteerest by taking the first offer that comes along, without knowing. It's your call.

I would at the very least tell him $2000 and shut up. Don't say another word. He who talks first loses.

Just my two cents worth. Take care of Dad as he took good care of you(?).

Joel

epgorge

Reaction score

Stoney,

Are you from San Antonio?
I had some pretty wild times down your way, during my youth.
Joel

GuntherHess

Reaction score

I looked through the photos and generally it looks like common , low value stuff...but a lot of it. There may be a few sleepers in there but from what I can see $1000 would be a very good selling price. Most of what I can see probably wouldnt even get a bid on ebay. if you could sell it all individually you may be able to make more than $1000 but it would take a LOT of effort.

DiggerBryan

Reaction score

I agree with Gunther. Take the $1000 and RUN!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960