1000s of Buried Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
Well i went back today, but got rained out...only had time to grab about 10 bottles and a million ball lids and the cool good housekeeping approved lids with the presto glass inserts....I was, however, dissapointed, as I found no more bottles beyone 1 1/2- 2 feet.... though i am digging a fairly small area of the whole place right now, there doesnt seem to be anything but bits of glass here and there beyond that depth....Dig deeper? Maybe its because ive started at the top of the hill....Maybe bottles go deeper at the bottom of the ditch? Let me know your thoughts - Jon

(By the way thanks for the response madman no one is giving me any feedback for some reason)

Oh yeah and i got a huge bottle of bromo seltzer it looks pink but i think its just dirty and its the cobalt...ill post pics later when i get another productive day in.

Tony14

Reaction score
Try digging in a new area of the dump. Dumps always have areas that are newer and areas that are older. The key is to dig around and have some luck.
You might have better luck in the ditch bu there is no guarentees.

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
as Tony said - try diggin in a differnt spot!...
I would say find a place around the area that has abit more brush/trees/scrub than the other areas!,
also if you find things like crocks,old toys,potlids,anything old and not rusted out might fetch ya a few bucks,so i suggest also for ya to build a small sifter....just throw some boards toghter and some chicken wire for the screen "smaller the better for old coins",and ya might be surprised on what ya find!....

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles