12-17-10 Scouting and Finds...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

808 50th State

Reaction score
Hey Bob,
Thanks for the nice comments, I did do some scratching with a potato rack and some probing, the area is off a ravine so the layer is quite thin, mostly surface stuffs, there is a area on the top that has good potential that I will do some test holes the next time I go up there...
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

Hey Earl,
Thanks for letting us go out with you for a while. Wish I was there! Glad you found some. I wonder if you could probe or dig for glass as well?

rockbot

Reaction score
Ah you guys got the vog today? I bet Kona was bad too. We don't get vog very often in Hilo.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Aloha Earl,

Sorry to hear about your vog. Ah, for the days of d'at Hilo vog...

Vog_hilo_bay_2005.jpg

SAbottles

Reaction score
Thought vog was a misspelling, or some sort of cough! After reading the Wikipedia entry I stand corrected - and rather appalled [:-] ! I guess even Paradise has its dark side lurking !!

808 50th State

Reaction score
The source of the "vog" Halemaumau Crater this picture was taken when I went to the Big Island in August pumping out toxic sulfuric smoke "24-7" has been a problem and effects everyone who lives in Hawaii most worst area is Kona, most of the times the winds blow from the east (trade winds) and blows the vog over the Kona area and the Pacific Ocean, once in a while the winds change and blows from the south east and blows the vog over the rest of the Hawaiian Islands, the vog has cost a lot of destruction to agriculture crops (acid rain) that are in line with the vog, respiratory problems, eye irritation etc...fortunately most of the times the weather if fine...

FCAC5D9E21D8404A8829516CD12E52BC.jpg

Attachments

• FCAC5D9E21D8404A8829516CD12E52BC.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 47

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: 808 50th State

The source of the "vog" Halemaumau Crater this picture was taken when I went to the Big Island in August pumping out  toxic sulfuric smoke "24-7" has been a problem and effects everyone who lives in Hawaii most worst area is Kona, most of the times the winds blow from the east (trade winds) and blows the vog over the Kona area and the Pacific Ocean, once in a while the winds change and blows from the south east and blows the vog over the rest of the Hawaiian Islands, the vog has cost a lot of destruction to agriculture crops (acid rain) that are in line with the vog, respiratory problems, eye irritation etc...fortunately most of the times the weather if fine...

Are you sure thats not a BIG privy??? [8D]

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Thought vog was a misspelling, or some sort of cough! After reading the Wikipedia entry I stand corrected - and rather appalled ! I guess even Paradise has its dark side lurking !!
Hey SA,
I'm so glad you said that! I thought that "vog" was just Hawaii's cool way of saying fog. However, I guess there's nothing too cool about it.

SAbottles

Reaction score
Hey Rick, LOL !! You're welcome to try digging that one ! I can't even imagine the size of probe rod you would use, or what it could be made of either !![:-]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flipper93