16 footer 13 hours later

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GACDIG

Reaction score
One nice privy there........ good finds. Maybe we can see your fellow diggers finds soon also. [;)]

andy volkerts

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: deacon_frost

This one puzzles me, Its a E Roeschel but its in German, when i did a google translate I found it means bitter stomach drops.
Now comes the part i dont understand, I know from my book research that Ernst Roeschel came from germany and showed up in Boonville in 1850, could this bottle possibly have came with him? (its not pontil) or was he catering to the german population in Boonville? or was it just common to have german on a bottle back then? What everybodys thoughts on this?

ED55A18B6B824F20AFD2DA7CF2C9CC2C.jpg
He was catering to the German population, a lot of the bitters makers did this also and so did some of the patent medicines if the German population was large enough in an area there could be a lot of bottles labeled and embossed in german

MINNESOTA DIGGER

Reaction score
caters to the germans ! great bottle . so is the druggist !
great digs . did you give the pails of bottles away? if so how did you fill pit in level? where those cans full of glass only? , glad to see you had a great dig !!! great post !!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
GOOD LOOKIN HOLE [:D] I always liked the "shot up" . nice bottles to,at least you got to take home some keepers.

I am yet to get in to a privy hole this year i'm working on it. Things are tough around here.

KBbottles

Reaction score
Exceptional dig. Always fun when there is a lot of layer, usually not the case. Looks like a nice variety of stuff came out!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Nice privy dig and up shot of the hole. What else was in the finds that you didn't get besides the Warner's?

PD

deacon_frost

Reaction score
Thanks guys
Andy thanks for the info on the german writing
Minnesota the pails had dirt in them also the bottles were just sitting on top, we did give the majority to the homeowner
Rick I know you'll be busting out some good privys before long
Penn Digger there were alot of slicks a few locals a nice E Roeschel that i already have, a celery compound, really small ozmoulsion, nice cathedral peppersauce, wax sealers, lots of the common embossed stuff that we left for the homeowner, a Nevada Missouri druggist that i cant remember the name of but is probably pretty rare due to the size of the town, marbles, doll parts ect. We did find some pontil bottoms but nothing whole

ajohn

Reaction score
Lotta work... bet it was a blast! Sure would like to see a pic of the jars that came out of there

deacon_frost

Reaction score
ajohn here are the only two jars i kept nothing too exciting but i like to put marbles, keys, stoppers ect in them
the Ball was the one still full of green beans, im kicking myself in the butt for not getting a picture of it before we dumped them out. it blows my mind how green they still were after all this time, it looked like somebody just put them in there

8ABFDD4D4A534828850110DCC6D29A11.jpg

Attachments

• 8ABFDD4D4A534828850110DCC6D29A11.jpg
    8ABFDD4D4A534828850110DCC6D29A11.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 67

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members