1873 stoneware bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

1VDKHQ

Reaction score
I found this bottle in Greenwood Lake which is half in New York and half in New Jersey. I have never found a stoneware bottle before. Can anyone tell me if they have ever heard of the name on the bottle. It is inprinted on the side with:

ADRIAN FEHY
266 WILLIAM ST
NEW YORK

Us53740.jpg

Attachments

• Us53740.jpg
    Us53740.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 80

IRISH

Reaction score
Nice bottle, it's an impressed ginger beer or brewed drink of some sort (seems a few of this sort had other drinks in them in the US).

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi diverboy,
Stoneware bottles contained alcoholic beverages , soda , beer , medicine , ink , acid , and vulcanizing fluids , ect.
Stoneware bottles like your type were most often used in taverns and stores before refrigeration became common. The stoneware bottles kept the contents cold and insulated.

Impressed on bottle with " Adrian Feyh , 266 William Street , New York , 1873 "
Feyh was a brewer , that was located at the Williams street address from 1856 - 1893.

Brian

1VDKHQ

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the info on the name. Do you know anywhere I can look up that info. I tried looking on the internet with no luck.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi again , I retrived the info from some reference material I have and not from the net. You had no luck finding any info on the net ?
Brian

1VDKHQ

Reaction score
No I haven't, your information is the most I've received on this bottle. I will definitley look a little harder. Thanks for your help.

Kevin

tf330fan

Reaction score
In doing research for my family tree I accidentally found this thread. I hope it is still active. Adrian was my great great grandfather. I have a picture of him standing in front of the brewery. I had no idea any of these bottles existed until I found this. It is my hope that 1VDKHQ will contact me.

surfaceone

Reaction score
I hope it is still active. Adrian was my great great grandfather. I have a picture of him standing in front of the brewery.

Hello Barry,

Welcome and thanks for updating. Kevin/1VDKHQ hasn't logged in since '05. Hope you reach him.

While we're waiting, could'ya stick up a copy of your photo, please?

barrels.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75