1873 stoneware bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Tod,

Good work! Why didn't your great site turn up in my googlin and binging? I need some internet lessons from you, sir. Want to give me some Googlin for Dummies tutelage?

al-gore-chatroom111.jpg

Sodasandbeers

Reaction score
I comes up, but not at the top of the list. Two of my feeder sites come up sooner.

Search on "antique soda bottles" has rankings of 5 (old site/feeder) and 13 (feeder site) and 22 (main site)
Search on "antique beer bottles" has a ranking of 4 (old site/feeder) and 12 (main site) and 14 (feeder site)
Bookmarking it is the best option.

tf330fan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Sodasandbeers

There were three firms that brewed Weiss Beer with the Feyh name:

A & W Fehy, New York, 2 different bottles
Adreian Feyh, New York, 5 different bottles
Alexander Feyh, Hoboken, 3 different bottles

Thanks for the additional info.

tf330fan

Reaction score
Well, a happy update. A bottle showed up on EBAY. We were able to win it and will give it to my father for Christmas. He will be shocked.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Well done, Barry,

Thanks for bringing this back, and delivering the soon to be Best Christmas Present ever.

Have you found additional information on great great grandfather Adrian, or Alexander from Hoboken?

54217AC.gif
From Tod.

kastoo

Reaction score
Looks like the Stang got dusted!

Hey Bri..check this out:

http://www.myrideisme.com/

Here's my page there:

http://www.myrideisme.com/Garage/kastoo

ORIGINAL: BRIAN S.

Hi diverboy,
Stoneware bottles contained alcoholic beverages , soda , beer , medicine , ink , acid , and vulcanizing fluids , ect.
Stoneware bottles like your type were most often used in taverns and stores before refrigeration became common. The stoneware bottles kept the contents cold and insulated.

Impressed on bottle with " Adrian Feyh , 266 William Street , New York , 1873 "
Feyh was a brewer , that was located at the Williams street address from 1856 - 1893.

Brian

tf330fan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Well done, Barry,

Thanks for bringing this back, and delivering the soon to be Best Christmas Present ever.

Have you found additional information on great great grandfather Adrian, or Alexander from Hoboken?

I'm still doing research. I'd be surprised if Alexander wasn't a relative. Adrian's father-in-law ran the Kolb brewery in NJ. Now we need to find more bottles. I have two brothers and we each have a son. Two of our sons have sons as well. It would be nice to have one to hand down for each but I know there's little chance of that. I'm still amazed that these things still exist.

ebyny

Reaction score
Barry - email or PM me if you get this - we are related and my Mom and your grandpa were cousins - the bottles used to show up alot on ebay but not have seen many in a while. Did not know the Kolb's were brewers, too -

Evelyn

tf330fan

Reaction score
Wow, time flies. I can't believe it's been about a year but we found another bottle on EBAY. We now have two. The one we gave my father is in really good shape compared the one my brother won a couple of days ago.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Here's a Feyh bottle I used to have that was found under a building in Cedar Grove NJ. I love the picture of Mr. Feyh in front of the brewery!

55164AG.gif

55164AGr.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75