1916 COCA COLA PROTOTYPE BOTTLE(S) PICTURE GALLERY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottlescript

Very interesting link Bob. So.... How much is $2,900 in today's money?

bs ~

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Regarding your question, which I am assuming refers to Asa Candler's initial investment, I found the following which should help put things in perspective ...

http://www.statisticbrain.com/coca-cola-company-statistics/

Current value of a single share of Coke that was purchased in 1919 [is] $92,500

Enterprise Value [Coca Cola Company current net worth] $189.2 billion

bottlescript

Reaction score
Regarding your question, which I am assuming refers to Asa Candler's initial investment, I found the following which should help put things in perspective ...

http://www.statisticbrain.com/coca-cola-company-statistics/

Current value of a single share of Coke that was purchased in 1919 [is] $92,500

Enterprise Value [Coca Cola Company current net worth] $189.2 billion

Yes, correct. $92,5K - what a bargain!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Re: RE: 1916 COCA COLA PROTOTYPE BOTTLE(S) PICTURE GALLERY

I'm temporarily resurrecting this thread because I was recently in contact with a reliable source associated with Coca Cola who sent me the following information. It pertains to an inquiry I made about the Graham/Krempp/Salb bottle which is pictured above and discussed in detail on the thread whose link is at the top of this page. Please note this is not intended to discredit Gary Salb or his bottle, but is merely an attempt to add information to what I consider a most intriguing discussion. Of special interest here for the first time is information stating the contour bottle was selected on January 20, 1916 at the bottlers convention and not at the January 3rd/4th 1916 salesman and managers convention. I hope to hear from the source again regarding my follow up inquiry about who the other contenders were who entered bottles at the 1916 bottlers convention. "The Dean/Root bottle was selected on January 20th, 1916 and was in full production by September 1916 with a notice to all bottlers. We have some correspondence in our files that the Graham Glass Company was spreading rumors that the Root Bottle was going to increase the cost by .25 cents per gross (it did not as Root only charged .05). If this is anything, it is a bottle that was designed to undercut the Root bottle. As such, the only value it would have for us would be to tell the story of determination that Root, Rainwater and Harold Hirsch had to make the bottlers buy the contour bottle."

RED Matthews

Reaction score

For the interest of Coca Cola collectors. I have a clear glass bottle hat has a wooden arrow through it. I think it was given out at the Worlds Fair or some special sports event in Atlanta, GA. Unique, because I can't imagine how they got the arrow through the holes. FED M.

cokebottle1916

Reaction score

Good Morning Everyone. Glad to see my bottle is still a Topic. Looks like the bottle is discredited again. It is all OK, I have the story documented. Have a great day.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score

I'm lost too. When was the cutoff for submissions and could they be filed as patent, not approved? Wait, that wasn't in question, was it.If it was designed to undercut than how much did it cost to fix the other when it didn't work?I'm so confused! [&:]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen