1918 Typhoid Vaccine Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mr2real

Reaction score
I'm considering buying this bottle at an antique shop for $30, to resell of course. How desirable are vaccine bottles? It has it's original wood box with sliding door, the paper label say Dr. ????? Typhoid vaccine 1918, and as far as I know it is unopened with original content. Does it sound like a deal or dud?

mr2real

Reaction score
I went back to look at this bottle today. It is a 1918 Parke Davis Typhoid vaccine. It's has it's original wood box and contents with a cork seal. Any thoughts on rarity or value is greatly appreciated. From what I've read about this vaccine, there has been a lot of controversy between the vaccine and the cause of Spanish Influenza. Here's a pic....

vaccine.png

epackage

Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if it was worth anymore than the $30, maybe someone else will prove me wrong and you'll be able to retire on it....good luck....Jim

epackage

Reaction score
This one sold on e-bay for $22.20 in 2007, just for a reference point...Jim

epackage

Reaction score
OOPS...here's the link...Jim

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/typhoid-vaccine-bottle

mr2real

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was thinking the original box and contents could make the difference. I don't think I'll take the risk to figure out!!! Thanks again, Joe

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Joe,

Don't know what to tell you on this one from a value standpoint. There was also a 1918 Typhoid Vaccines by Eli Lily, perhaps Mumford, as well.

I'd glean all information from the label and box, maybe take additional detailed photos and talk to These Guys.

mary-nyamerican.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday