1920's?? Medicine Bottle from Chicago IL HELP???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

shell

Reaction score
I purchased this bottle along with a few others at an auction. I believe this bottle to be around 1920's. I tried to do some research, but being new to "bottles" didn't understand everything I was reading. So, if anyone could help me out and tell what kind of medicine might of been in it, value, any information would be great, I'd like to get some more of these bottles, but would like to know what I'm looking at first.

This bottle is 10.5 inches tall. It is clear glass. This bottle has no chips, scratches, no fractures. It does have a little discoloration in the bottom of the bottle, which may come off with a really good cleaning. There are some small bubbles at the neck of the bottle, maybe around 4.

On the front of the bottle it reads {DRA.PETRA HOBOKO}

On the back of the bottle it reads {PREPARED BY DR. PETER FAHRNEY & SONS. CHICAGO IL, USA}

I'd like to know what DRA.PETRA HOBOKO means. I've done several searches and come up with nothing everytime. What is HOBOKO???

It has the scar on the bottom of the bottle. There are some words on the bottom of the bottle, but I can't quite make out what it reads. The seams go from the bottom to the top of the bottle. The lip is a cork style.

I tried to download the picture, but I had a lot of trouble, it wouldn't download here. To see the bottle, I've got it listed in ebay until April 10th, put it up to see what kind of response I'd get. PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AND TELL ME ANY INFOR. YOU MAY KNOW. I'd like to be more knowlegdeable in this area if possible.

Just enter this number in the search area and it will take you right to it.
Ebay: Item #6168803918

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Hi,
That bottle is a patent medicine put out Peter Fahrney in Chicago.
It was advertised to cleans the blood and liver.
The medicine was developed orginally by his ancester, Dr P D Fahrney in the 1800s, who came from the Swiss Alps.
You can read more about the history of this medicine at my web page...
http://www.mattsoldhouse.com/MC/bottles/Frederick/fahrney.htm

Peter Fahrney successufully mass marketed the medicine and it was advertised in several different languages. The Chicago Fahrney bottles tend to be pretty common and not worth much money.

shell

Reaction score
Thank You very much..So is it safe to say that $85 is to much?

ebelx6

Reaction score
I found that if you reduce the pixel and take another picture that they post, or you can crop your picture to just the perimeter of the bottle. Amy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday