1948 Red Rock Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BelgianJennie

Reaction score
I just want everyone to know that i found several Red Rock bottles in mint condition. There are 23 made for the Cottonwood,AZ bottling plant, that were made by Owens Illinois in Los Angeles, and I have 24 that were made in the Oakland plant. I also have several wooden cases that these were carried in. Everything is in mint condition!! If any of you have an interest in these, please email me.

BelgianJennie

Reaction score
OOPS! How about a picture!!

Vs55877.jpg

Attachments

• Vs55877.jpg
    Vs55877.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 89

bubbas dad

Reaction score
noel those are very nice bottles. when you ask if anyone is interested in them, are you looking to sell them? if so, i would be interested in one
thanks, john

Tony14

Reaction score
A rough price would probably be $10-$15 in mint, which it looks like all yours are. Very nice bottles.
I would be interested in buying one or two also.

kastoo

Reaction score
They still sell Red Rock. Where did you get the 10-15 bucks per bottle?

BelgianJennie

Reaction score
I think that where they get the 10 to 15 dollars a bottle is in response to the fact that these bottles were made by Owens Illinois during the period that OI used to stamp Duraglass (which is written in script) on the bottom of the bottles. Owens only did this from 1940 to 1954, also the Owens emblem on the bottom of the bottle is the "O" with the "I" in the middle of the "O" which is their normal logo BUT during the Duraglass years they put a Diamond shape around the logo!! This is also only during the 1940 to 1954 production years. The number to the right of the logo is the plant number, 20 is the Oakland facility and 23 is the Los Angeles facility. The number to the right of the logo is the year they made the bottle. The number and letter combo in the center of the bottom of the bottle is the actual machine and cavity identification so they knew which machine produced the bottle for quality control. The last group of numbers and possible letters were the contract number for the actual customer.

So, does that help you understand why these are of exceptional value for the condition they are in!!?

I have actually had offers of over $50.00 each for these bottles due to the condition and the cases which I have several are in exceptional condition as well.

Any of you that would like to purchase some of these please contact me on my normal email noel@marineblowers.com

flasherr

Reaction score
Yea they do look good but they wouldn't bring $10-15 in my area. Be lucky to get $5. they are a nice looking bottle. where do they sell red rock? ive never seen it for sale in Texas
Brian

BelgianJennie

Reaction score
Brian,
These bottles might not bring 10-15 dollars to an average person but a real collector will pay handsomely for a bottle in mint condition to add to his pristine bottle display. Red Rock Cola was from Atlanta, GA area and at one time had 107 bottlers across the nation, 41 of which were company owned. The formula was actually very good and it was less expensive to make due to the ingredients so it made Red Rock popular with other bottlers. The core company still makes it in Atlanta and you can find it at several of the Web soda shops.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen