1950-1960s bottle gloryhole pit

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: creeper71

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

I was born in 1959.seeing that makes me feel old lol [:D]

My mom and dads used some of that stuff.

I really hate the look of all that crap.I am sure someone may collect it.
"I don't know why" but to me it is all ugly with no character. TOC looks like gold compared to that.
1959?? holy crap your alot older then I thought.. Hitting Geezer stats soon..lol j/k

I told ya [:D] but that is the key word "thought"[:D]

creeper71

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: creeper71

I was born in 1959.seeing that makes me feel old lol [:D]

My mom and dads used some of that stuff.

I really hate the look of all that crap.I am sure someone may collect it.
"I don't know why" but to me it is all ugly with no character. TOC looks like gold compared to that.
1959?? holy crap your alot older then I thought.. Hitting Geezer stats soon..lol j/k

I told ya [:D] but that is the key word "thought"[:D]
Yes thought would be the key word

AreYouSerious

Reaction score
lol. [8D] well it was just something out of the norm. for me, i always find old bottles from the 50s and 60s and just leave them or throw them and break them but finding like 1000 in one pit got me going. Least it takes me away from civil war hunting for a bit, and yes some people actually do collect this stuff, what will happen with these? there going in a 2nd storage unit I have and will prolly sit there for 10 years, but I havent made it back to get the other 100s or even 1000 in the pit along with whatever is in the pit.

KBbottles

Reaction score
Yuck. (no offense) I have an untouched site like that but its reserved for only when I am desperate to dig. Hey but you just never know what will turn up especially good later milks, etc... Or an old pocket could be hiding anywhere underneath. One of my very best sites EVER was a farm ravine dump that had 50s-60s crud on top which turned out to be just a thin layer. One foot in and I hit TOC and then earlier and earlier all the way down to pontil age. Keep at it!

AMChandler

Reaction score
Well these guys may think its yuck but this is the kind of thing I've been getting at my mid 50s dump. There may be older stuff but I am only doing this for me. My site has a lot of the stuff I like, milks and sodas. Would love to get an ACL like that Dr pepper. Mine are mostly shards or the label is gone/nearly gone on the intact ones.
Other hand, if ketchup or syrup bottles ever come into vogue I will be set! Apparently people in the 50s ate a lot of pancakes and fries!
Anyway cool find!

zecritr

Reaction score
lol yeah they did like them fries and pancakes found quite a few of those.
nice find and as for me i find a lot of the 50-60's stuff i like that diet Dr.Pecker is nice
haven't found one like that yet

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen