1950s Pepsi Cola Picnic Cooler

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
I am hoping I am posting this in the right category , looked at all the options and still was not sure what was appropriate place . A couple of weeks ago I went to an auction a couple of miles away from me in hopes of buying a 1950s Pepsi picnic cooler that I saw listed in the auction , first auction I had attended in quite a few years . It was a chilly morning but very tolerable . I met many dealers and friends I had not seen in quite a while and that made it even more enjoyable . Anyway , when I got there I went in search for the Pepsi cooler . After a few minutes I located it on a table . It looked to be brand new , but for some unexplainable reason the lid was missing . I asked the auctioneer about the lid and he said they found the cooler in its original cardboard box , he said the box crumbled into nothing when they removed the cooler from the box but could not give a reason for the lid not being there . My old Pepsi book did not even have a Pepsi picnic cooler in it so I had no idea what the approx. . value of it might have been . Anyway , they finally set it up for bid and myself and two other guys started bidding on it . I figured on bidding a hundred on it as I knew some one I thought might give me a bit more for it , it being minty new and all . Anyway , my last bid on it was one fifty and I still did not get it . It went for two hundred and ten bucks . This was the more square cooler not the smaller rectangular one . Are these coolers actually bringing that kind of money out there ?? Guess I blew it when I sold the small rectangular one for fifty some years ago which I might add had its lid but was in used condition . Thought I would pass this info on in case one of you might run across one in the future . Stayed at the auction till my feet and back got to killing me and headed for home empty handed , first auction I ever attended that I came home with nothing LOL , but it was a fun day .

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen