Looking for information on a 1950s Sunoco can

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
I'm looking for information on a metal Sunoco Trans-matic fluid can that I recently got from my uncle. I could not find any pictures or information on the internet. I even tried Google lens but no luck. It says it is automatic transmission fluid type A on the side and it also says copyright 1955 Sun oil Company limited. The net contents is one Imperial Quart and on the lid it has AQ-ATF 737-A. It has never been opened. If you need more pictures please let me know. Any information is appreciated. I figure it was made in the 50s even though it might not be made in 1955 it was probably made between 1955 and 1958. If I can't find any information or pictures on Google does that mean it's rare? Or at least uncommon?

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
IMG_20240406_174707928.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
not sure a bottle site would have much info on such a can. if it was a Beer Can I could tell you all about it but know very little on oil cans. I do know that the Canadian Red Indian Oil can is rare & desirable. Leon.

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
Yeah, I know this isn't really the best spot to talk about oil cans but I thought maybe someone would know. I've found a couple Red Indian cans before at an abandoned logging camp but they were in really bad condition. I didn't know they were rare so thanks for the info. I will keep my eyes open for some.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator