2 maybe 3 soda's?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
The first bottle I think is really cool. Its a "REDDING'S BEVERAGES, REGISTERED, CONTENTS 7 FL OZ" On the back of the bottle near the bottom it says "AMSTERDAM, N.Y." It has a few symbols on the bottom and a large "R". The half gallon in the middle is a "DAD'S " rootbeer and the one on the other end might be a water. It says "MYNDERSE SCHENECTADY, N.Y. " Any info would be great. See anything you want just say so. I can post individual bottles up close if you like as well. Swiz

Ki19299.jpg

Attachments

• Ki19299.jpg
    Ki19299.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 91

bubbas dad

Reaction score
all of them look great. i really like the 1st one. did you dig it? i have seen some of the dads bottles before but smaller and always amber. i wonder if it's a syrup bottle?

digdug

Reaction score
I think the Dad's was a No Deposit No Return soda and not a syrup. They came with a paper label. I can remember my cousin and I trying to drink a half gallon of rootbeer the fastest. I had never been so sick before in my life! Nothing but foam coming out of my mouth. That Dad's had to be about the largest size of rootbeer you could buy at that time (Around the late 1960's early 1970's)

swizzle

Reaction score
The reddings was in a $1 a bucket sale. I bought 5 buckets full of bottles and that's how I aquired that one. The DAD'S root beer is a no deposit no return. Before I cleaned it up I thought it took a paper label, too. I'm not so sure now. If you look closely at the bottle you'll see it has embossed rectangular panels. They go all the way around the bottle. Usually a bottle that has a label has a smooth clear location on the bottle for a label. I'm not saying this didn't take a label. It just doesn't have that smooth spot for the label. Maybe it was a label that went around the entire bottle and the bumpy surface helped to hold it on? Does anyone know for sure? If it did have a label I'd like to see a pic of one with the label. Anyone out there with more info? Swiz

swizzle

Reaction score
I have a few more to add so I'll attach them to this thread. Here is a "Clarendon, natural mineral, spring water" It appears to be the original label. After reading the label I have to admit. I never knew mineral water was such a healthful drink. Swiz

Yw66510.jpg

swizzle

Reaction score
Here's a crush soda I was gonna add but forgot. Did they make just a crush soda or did someone scrape of the "orange" above the word crush? Swiz

Qo38885.jpg

Attachments

• Qo38885.jpg
    Qo38885.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 104

flasherr

Reaction score
That crush also comes in a brown version. Dads did have a paper label on it at one time. That is a neat mineral water.
Brian

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter