2012 FOHBC RENO EXPO

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GLOPTOP

Reaction score
I am cleaning, pricing, and packing bottles while reading these posts! Also working on a display for Tobacco and Cigar jars, something I have been collecting for a few years. Not real exciting, but something different. Am really excited about this show, can hardly wait. Plan to part with a couple of decent pickles and whiskeys from my collection, am in the thinning out mode! Look forward to seeing old friends and acquaintances, and lot's of great glass.

ktbi

Reaction score
Really looking forward to going and plan to meet a few forum members for the first time. I am putting up an exhibit of my 'Kidney' bottles. I also have a Kidney Doctor Kit from 1906 that I picked up a year or so ago. It is designed for testing and treating Kidney patients. Even the glass tubes are hand blown. Really like it. Here is a photo of my display. This photo is not the complete display, so will put up some photos from the show. Thanks to many of the forum members who provided bottles for this collection....Ron

96DA724F6025404198C74E9D718A9FB3.jpg

Attachments

• 96DA724F6025404198C74E9D718A9FB3.jpg
    96DA724F6025404198C74E9D718A9FB3.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 98

grizz44

Reaction score
I'll be there on Saturday hoping to find a nice whiskey or two. Sounds like there will be lots to look at. Should be fun.

ktbi

Reaction score
Mike, Chuck and any other forum members - please stop by the display and say Hi. I would like that.....Ron

westernbittersnut

Reaction score
The Peachridgeglass.com website has just recently posted more specific information on the upcoming 10th anniversary of the FOHBC's Antique Bottle EXPO. Hope everyone can make it.

Rockhounder55

Reaction score
Am I understanding correctly that the general admission price for Saturday and Sunday is $5.00, but the early admission price for Friday is $70.00??!! If so, I may have to change my plans. [8|] ~Mike

probe buster

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Rockhounder55

Am I understanding correctly that the general admission price for Saturday and Sunday is $5.00, but the early admission price for Friday is $70.00??!! If so, I may have to change my plans. [8|] ~Mike

Yes, that is correct, Mike, or if you are a FOHBC member it's $50 (includes spouse and minor children). The four hour period on Friday is actually for dealer setup. To prevent outcries that dealers will be buying up all the good stuff during setup, you have the opportunity and privilege to buy a pass to join this dealer setup period at less than the cost of a dealer table. This also prevents many from buying a dealer table just to get in early, then putting nothing on it to sell, creating a mass of empty sales tables (this does happen at many shows that don't allow earlybird entrance during dealer setup). With this method, we know the majority of sales tables will be full and any non-dealer seriously wanting to be on the floor Friday is given that opportunity, without the paperwork and responsibilities of being a dealer. When you think about all the expenses involved in attending a show--travel, fuel, hotels, etc.--$50-$70 is a pittance in the grand scheme of things if you are in a situation to find those great pieces for your collection.

Saturday should be great, as well, since many dealers don't put all the good stuff out Friday, due to being out walking the floor. Many might not even bother setting up until Saturday morning. There will be a ton of stuff available no matter when you arrive.

Just to clarify, I'm not an FOHBC officer; I'm just a member, so this is not an official statement. These are just my observations and a little info gleaned from having posed the same question recently to the FOHBC Board.

See you there!

Dwayne Anthony

carobran

Reaction score
$70 for early admission? Thats ridiculous!

If early admission is $70 and thats less than the cost of a table,how much are tables?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH