3/4 Philly Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: deldig

Picture file was too large. The color is a puce/rootbeer color.
I'll be happy to post it if you want to email it to me Alan....Jim epackage@msn.com

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rpinkham

One last shot. I found this stuff to be very interesting. I had never heard of open pontil windowpanes before. Quite a bit came up. The photo is not very good. Maybe Ben Franklin peeked through!

Pretty common back in the day, they still make them today to recreate that look...

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rpinkham

Another interesting example from this dig.

81F2D4B52EC749758E705CB7659CACA2.jpg

That's a awesome looking cologne

maxbitters

Reaction score
Nice dig but your really pushing the limits of safety by not opening up any hole to its full dimensions. A cave-in of the fill material in the the other portion of the hole can happen and if down that deep your chances of survival are not going to be good. Two friends were almost killed on separate digs by doing the exact same thing. No bottles are worth taking that kind of chance no matter how safe it appears, at least for me anyway.

j.dinets

Reaction score
Great pics. Love the age of the material. How did you keep the fence post from joining you in the hole? I presume you undercut at the very base, but with that much overburden, it seems like a great risk?

GACDIG

Reaction score
Alot of good finds from that pit. Hope to see more !!!![:)]

soda bottle

Reaction score
The cup is outstanding!!!!!

Beautiful piece of Americana.

The cologne looks like the one my cousin found. His is in clear and doesn't have the same lip treatment. A few people that looked at it agreed it was of european origin. I think the winged man is of Hermes/Mercury or some other GOD of health/science . Here is the pics of his. Cologne

Nice dig.

rpinkham

Reaction score
Great pics. Love the age of the material. How did you keep the fence post from joining you in the hole? I presume you undercut at the very base, but with that much overburden, it seems like a great risk?

As was mentioned earlier in this post, there were a variety of "challenges". I'll just leave it at that.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Great post - as fun as it is to look at that old stuff it had to be great diggin n it! My Stonetown site is nearly that old but sadly has not given up anything whole yet though I aint really complaining! Did you guys sift any of that stuff?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR