3 new bottles... no clue of the value

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CatfisherJim

Reaction score
Howdy all,

I guess you could say I'm somewhat of an ameteur when it comes to bottle collecting, I don't actually go out digging, but I pick alot up at yard sales, and do alot of hiking along old roadsides to find them. I picked up 3 today, and unfortunatly don't have a way of putting the pics on here, but was hoping a description may give someone a general idea, or if maybe one of you knows a good website I can go to and look. The first one I got for 50 cents, It is about 14" high and the lettering is... "The Duffy Malt Whiskey Company.. Rochester, NY and has a date of 1886 on the bottom. The second (purple in color) I got for 2 dollars and says "A. Lancaster's Indian Vegetable Jaundice Bitters" and has a date of 1852. And the 3rd is a Jim Beam bottle with a velvet finish and a picture from the movie "The Kentuckian" on the front, I picked it up for a dollar. Any help is aprriciated.

Thank you,
Jesse

woody

Reaction score
Hello Jesse and welcome to the forum.
The Duffy's bottle is fairly common but nice. For 50 cents you didn't do bad at all.
The Lancasters is a reproduction bottle, possibly Taiwanese or Wheaton. Some people collect these but again fairly common.
Jim Beam bottles still haven't come of age with most Antique bottle collectors. Too new.
Either way, it's a good start to bottle collecting.

glass man

Reaction score
I used to have a "KENTUCKIAN" movie lobby card that would have been a great "GO WITH " for your bottle! YES! WHAT HE SAID!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4