3 Star Hennessy Questions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

3StarCollector

Reaction score
I have 3 bottles, that I am looking for some more information on. Hoping ya'll can help me. I see that on bottle with the BRIGHT white, what appears to be painted on label, that the back label is completely different.

My questions is...... In what years were each bottle made? & What's the significance of why the labels changed from paper to paint as well as why the content was also changed. Last but not least is there and anymore value from one to the next. Thanks! Brian
IMG_7413.jpgIMG_7424.jpgIMG_7420.jpgIMG_7422.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7424.jpg
    IMG_7424.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 75

3StarCollector

Reaction score
They look like store display bottles to me. Very little value in my opinion.
Jim

I do know that they are display bottles and they routinely sell on eBay for a minimum of $100. Just trying to find out the differences between them.

nhpharm

Reaction score
You might have some luck dating them based on what is embossed on them...it looks like at least one of them has the "Federal Law Prohibits" embossing on it...that would date it to a specific time period. Any that are not embossed with that are either from before or after that time period or are foreign to the US. My guess would be that any paper labeled ones would be either earlier or (in the case of the middle bottle) might have actually been intended for consumption rather than a display bottle. With respect to value...I would be surprised if there is much variation in value between the grouping, though the ones with paper labels are likely harder to find than the painted label one as the paper labels likely got damaged easily. The painted label one on the left seems to be the most common one based on what I have seen.

sunrunner

Reaction score
there are glass collector's , bottle collector's and antique bottle collector's . this falls some were in the middle .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1