32 rusty cans and

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diginit

Reaction score
Howdy, Went back up the hill Saturday. 32 Rusty cans and 3 bottles.I think I found my first blob top.(Center pic)The smallest is embossed F.B.S. across the front. I only know one explanation for these initials.So...
Once again I turn to my best and favorite source of information.What can ya'all tell me about these?

Ki20708.jpg

Attachments

• Ki20708.jpg
    Ki20708.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 61

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I don't think the center one is a blob top...It looks to me like it is an applied "string" lip, very sweet looking bottle, I like the color and crudity.

diginit

Reaction score
Thanks guys,
Hey Oldtimer,Hows this for crudity? My friend.I am guessing this is a 2 piece mold.The seam stops at the lip.How do you like that big blob of glass at the lip?It looks like a chip thanks to my terrible photography.It's so ugly it's beautiful.I love it!And I loved diginit up. Have a great day!

Wu61113.jpg

diginit

Reaction score
Here's what it really looks like.Still looking for blob tops,and that elusive cobalt I know are there...Somewhere.Any info on the crockery bottle?

Ig11230.jpg

Attachments

• Ig11230.jpg
    Ig11230.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 61

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey diginit, looks like a ginger beer to me. Nice finds. Happy diggin, Kelley

Oldtimer

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: diginit

Thanks guys,
Hey Oldtimer,Hows this for crudity? My friend.I am guessing this is a 2 piece mold.The seam stops at the lip.How do you like that big blob of glass at the lip?It looks like a chip thanks to my terrible photography.It's so ugly it's beautiful.I love it!And I loved diginit up. Have a great day!

Wu61113.jpg

I like it. Perfume? Smelling salts? Glue? Shoe polish? Talc powder? Hard to tell.

The crockery bottle is a beer, or ginger beer I think..

Here's a pic of a few I have, and the green is a smelling salts I dug. I dug the ink as well. The others I purchaced.

OT.

Rp42600.jpg

Attachments

• Rp42600.jpg
    Rp42600.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 65

IRISH

Reaction score
Hey diginit, some nice finds there [;)] .
The stone bottle is a stout (what we call a milk stout here) they are common and often have a potters stamp on them. The one in the middle is a ripper that sort of bottle is very well sought after here at least, probably a pickle or condiment of some sort, it looks 1850's- 60s from the photo, could you post a photo of the base ?
The little one I'd say is a purfume but as Oldtimer said it's Hard to tell.

If I was you I'd be back up on your hill digging like there was no tomorrow [;)] .

diginit

Reaction score
A Big Howdy Guys,
I love the amber Carters' ink,I dug a green one just up the hill from where I dug these.That six sided salts is my favorite. Here's a pic of the bottoms.Did you know that if you let a dead battery sit a few hours,you can squeeze another picture out of it?Been using the same dead batt. One or two pics a day for three days...HA! It seems that F.B.S. is the only clue to the small bottles origin.I am happy to hear that the deep aqua bottle is sought after.I find alot of commons,But I love every little bottle I've dug.Right down to the bubbles in the bottom of deep green. The only marks on the Ginger beer are drips of glazing.It's really a neat rock.What is Ginger Beer anyways? Is it still available? Sure sounds good about now.Have a great day! and a beer.

Jg13893.jpg

Attachments

• Jg13893.jpg
    Jg13893.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 67

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Diginit,
Ginger beer thesedays is a ginger flavored soda,sharper and crisper than ginger ale. (Originally it was alcoholic.)It's still produced,especially in the U.K. and former colonies and You can find it stateside if you look around a bit.Our national drink here is called 'Dark n' Stormy',ginger beer and our local black rum.Mmm! Not too bad by itself either![;)]

KAT

IRISH

Reaction score
Ginger beer is still popular here but nowhere near as popular as it was a hundred years ago, it's one of my favorite drinks [;)] . I don't think your bottle would have had Ginger beer in it though, more likely stout a thick malty sort of beer.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen