5 diff. diamond coke-size/style

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, i now have 5 diff. crown top diamond coke size/style. i have 2 diff height 16 oz, and 1 with diff. embossing on shoulder, it has coke on shoulder and the other has no deposit. i also have a 12 oz. and a 10 oz. this is getting interesting. thanks for looking, rhona

Cz80069.jpg

bubbas dad

Reaction score
they look nice. maybe i'm telling my age alittle but i was born in the 60's and i just don't remember this catagory of bottles. does anyone know if they were less common in the south? i had never hear of these type throw away bottles until rhonas first post sometime last year i think.

ronvae

Reaction score
I was born in 1964, raised in Minnesota my whole life, and I don't recall ever seeing Cokes like that. My memory isn't what it used to be, but....I think we just had the funny aqua hobbelskirts for single-servings....and I don't remember what big bottles looked like before plastic...[8|]

madman

Reaction score
hey rhona very nice!! those bottles are rare id keep all embossed throwaways mike

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Rhona, the Embossed throw-aways were only made for a few years in the mid 60s. The styrofoam wraped ones replaced them.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi mike, john and warren, thanks for the information. i did a search on ebay and didn't find any 16 oz size for sale. there was a site on the internet that indicated that some distributors would't carry the diamond coke because it didn't look look like a coke. i think i would like to catalog these and do some research. i have a crown top, clear, hoble skirt 16 oz. anchor- hocking logo and 63 on base. i did't realize these where before the diamond coke, i thought they where made later and then the foam covered ones. thanks again for helping, rhona

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2