50 CENT BOTTLES

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

shori

Reaction score
how much is it worth?

hi how much is it worth?

cyberdigger

Reaction score
That should be a list of things to get until you get a hang of the hobby, and then pass them on to the next generation afterwards, if you can bear to part with them.. several of my sentimental faves are mentioned in the list..[;)]

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Even though the list is pretty correct, it fails to mention that several of those have rare variants/colors that are worth money. And not all screw tops are worthless...as we know....not just the 2 they list as exceptions.

jays emporium

Reaction score
You got a good deal, Sam. I would have definitely bought that but the only thing I would have wanted was the 2 Galveston drug store bottles. They didn't have any sodas left?
You have the right idea. Keep the ones you like and sell or give away the rest. Maybe you can decide what you really want to collect before the Houston bottle show and at that show you will see some real nice bottles to choose from. You gotta get over that $2.00 limit though.
Jay

glass man

Reaction score
I HAVE A NICE COLORED COLLECTION. NONE RARE OR WORTH A LOT.[ALL $200 DOWN AND MOSTLY $100 UNDER. [I SOLD MY CATHEDREAL BOTTLES WHICH WERE WORTH MORE THEN THE REST OF MY COLLECTION,BUT NOT MY FAVORITES. SAM I TOOK BOTTLES LIKE WHAT YOU GOT MADE SOME MONEY OFF THEM BOUGHT A LITTLE BETTER BOTTLE AND KEEP DOING LIKE THAT.THIS IS HOW I GOT WHAT I HAVE NOW. TOOK ME SINCE 1990,BUT IT WAS ALL FUN!

I WILL ALWAYS SAY I LOVED THE HOBBY MORE BEFORE I KNEW WHAT "GOOD" GREAT" BOTTLES ARE! JUST TAKES SOME THING AWAY FROM IT! I REMEMBER MY FRIEND GIVING ME A HOODS SARSAPRILLA BOTTLE!!! MAN I WOULD LOOK AT THAT THING A LOT! I HAD A BOOK FROM THE 60S THAT SAID IT WAS WORTH UP TO $5! WOW I THOUGHT THAT WAS COOL!

YOU KNOW WHAT I ALSO HAVE SEEN $1000 BOTTLES THAT JUST WEREN'T ALL THAT TO ME.

BESIDES THE WAY IT IS GOING IN TEN YEARS SOME OF THOSE BOTTLE COULD BE WORTH $100 ,LOOK AT ACLS! IN 1974 THE MOST I PAID FOR ONE WAS A QUARTER. YOU COULD HARDLY GIVE THEM AWAY. I FOUND THEM UNDER OLD BUILDINGS,OLD STORES,HOUSES,ON THE RAILROAD TRACKS THEN I GOT INTO OLDER BOTTLES. IF I HAD KEPT COLLECTING ACLS FROM 1974 TILL NOW,WHO KNOWS WHAT KIND OF COLLECTION I WOULD HAVE.

I LOVE OLD BOTTLES JUST FOR THEMSELVES,SPECIALLY COLORS AND AIN'T GOT TO BE RICH TO HAVE COMMON ONES OF THOSE EITHER! IF I HAVE TO SELL ALL I HAVE NOW YOU CAN BELIEVE I WILL STILL HAVE BOTTLES EVEN IF THEY ARE JUST CULLS FROM THE LOCAL DUMP!!! JAMIE

bottlechaser62

Reaction score
LOL.......yeah, I hung on to some on that list as well. I beg to differ on the chamberlains colic and diarrhea remedy being worthless. I think its a crude little nice bottle with the intended error in the spelling of the word "diarrhoea". Heck, I may even get it tumbled! :)

rockbot

Reaction score
Hi Sam, I couldn't agree more with Jamie. Dig for bottles keep what you like, buy a few just for the fun. Enjoy the hobby. A lot of guys around here are stuck on the older rare stuff just to resell it later. It kind a reminds me of the real estate boom we had. People just starting buying up land and houses with the intent to "flip it". That's what started this recession if you asked me.

Aloha, Rocky

athometoo

Reaction score
hey guys thanks for the sentiments but this post was ressurected by a new member asking how much? dont rightly know how much but i say 2 dollars. jay you are correct on the 2 dollar thang . next week gonna try to bust that cap on texas meds and cures . also most of those bottles are still sitting in my shop on the counter , i was working on my riding lawnmower and 4wheeler yesterday . 2 of which are broke , a germicide and a galveston med . still got the rat though . sam

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause