7up- 1953-1986 Canada

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
I'm guessing the Dominion is from Edmonton since the seller is located just outside the city. Also, have you ever seen that "Sip it slowly" message on a 7Up bottle before? I can't remember ever seeing that one. And the bottle looks like a slightly different shape from the standard ones as well.

I'm surprised to see that Fort William bottle as well, I don't think I've ever seen a Canadian 8 bubble from such a small city before.

it does seem like the Dominion is from Edmonton , the message on back is slightly different , not sure I've seen it on many 7 up bottles

it would seem that they bottled 7up in Fort William for some time if there is an 8 bubble bottle , definitely a surprise that one exists from that area . not a tiny city but much smaller than Toronto or other Canadian cities which had 8 bubble bottles

iggyworf

Reaction score
Very cool 7up's. I also have never seen that slogan 'Sip It Slowly' on any 7up bottle, Canadian or American.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Ok I have had the bottles with the "Sip it Slowly" slogan for ages, never posted them on this thread as originally the cut off was 53...the end of the swimsuit girl.
So I believe that slogan started in 42 (end of the 8 bubble) and went to 46 or 47 when they started to list the ingredients on the back.
Nice 8 bubble that Fort William is! I have photos of a Dominion bottling works 7up but forgot to post this past winter!...too many irons in my fire!..lol...thanks for posting those RCO.
So I know for a fact there is a Dominion Bottling Works that was located in Saskatoon, and quite positive there was one in Edmonton...I want to say they were affiliated but cant be certain at this time.

20190409_221615.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Here is an 8 bubble from Quebec I forgot to post.

7up 8 bubble-Quebec city.jpg

And one from Valleyfield Que claimed as an 8 bubble but I have my doubts as the back looks to be post 1943.

Valleyfield Que- claimed as an 8 bubble..jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah I have my doubts about that Valleyfield one as well, the font looks completely wrong for an 8 bubble.

RCO

Reaction score
Yeah I have my doubts about that Valleyfield one as well, the font looks completely wrong for an 8 bubble.

I have no idea , have to find the original post and why they claimed it was an 8 bubble but never posted a picture of the 8 bubbles , just the back which does not appear to be an 8 bubble bottle but still an unusual 7 up bottle from quebec either way

RCO

Reaction score
100 % sure the 7 up from Valleyfield is not an 8 bubble , compared the back to another 7 up bottle I've seen from quebec and its identical to the one from Megantic Quebec which is perhaps from the 40's or 50's , either way definitely not an 8 bubble bottle

RCO

Reaction score
was bored so updated the town/city names list , these seem to be the one's were 100 % sure exist and have been previously posted here , doubtful I've found everyone , sure there is still a few others out there we've yet to discover

Vancouver BC
Victoria and Vancouver BC
Nanaimo BC
Kelowna BC
Kamloops BC

Calgary Alberta
Edmonton Alberta
Blairmore Alberta

Dominion Bottling Works

Saskatoon SK
Yorkton SK

Winnipeg Manitoba