A 5 Dollar Deal !

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Interesting. but there are a lot of different mild configurations that have been made and used in the making of flasks. If the mold seams go up and down the center of the bottle sides, they will often go straight across the bottom from side to side and the bottom will be in the mold. When this is done, there would be flat vents milled on the positive mold half parting face, with an end mill that was set to make a flat vent path out to the seam lock, on the positive mold face and let the air outside the expanding bottle glass escape. It is a problem to let the air all the way out, and if it doesn't do it right, it will sometimes keep the glass from blowing all the way against the mold, on either side of the flask bottom edge. Regarding the popularity of bar bottles fascinates me because - for one thing they were made for three applications; in back of a drinking bar - in a barber shop and on a woman's vanity. My wife has some and so do I - in our collections. When I was a kid, my mother cut my hair - and my dad had to go to the barber shop. I smile be cause - being the oldest boy in the family - I had to go there with him. The barber had to keep a spittoon or two in his shop for the tobacco chewers. Some times the men missed the spittoon and it went on the floor. One day there was a pile by the spittoon that confused me so I asked the barber if that was a man's doing or the dog's stuff. It busted up everyone in the shop - and I didn't know why. My dad gave me H, on the way home - and I didn't understand why - until I heard him telling my mother what happened. Life's lessons that make one smile.RED Matthews

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4