a blue mineral waters

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

captcadillac

Reaction score
Pontiled or not, that is a really nice example of taper top mineral water.
If its the same bottle that I recently saw on ebay, its looked pontiled from the pictures.
I did email the seller twice and asked if it was pontiled and about a small something on the inside of the lip and never received an answer.
Its definitely a keeper.
CaptCadillac

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
it does have a spot inside the lip that has a light spot maybe a bruise very small but idon't see an impct point to cause it.. could have ben done in the making.. it is the one you asked about.. I just took the chance and bid figured i could return if it was really bad..

I really like the way it shows age and wear and has not ben molested in a tunbler or polished.. just the wat bottles should be old n in there working clothes... small dings abd minor chips have never alarmed me. look at what a bottle went thru in it's life.. If it made it thru unschathed then it's a bonus.. sure i like perfect bottles but you just pay acordding to condition. some you may never get the chance to own a perfect one..

captcadillac

Reaction score
We have sodas and minerals in our collection with beautiful patina. So beautiful that we have just left them that way.
Others have small imperfections and like you we are just happy to have them.
While others I'll take Barkeepers Friend and do a soft clean up and leave it at that.
Still with others we decide to tumble them and enjoy them as tumbled bottles.
We think that its the owner's choice as to how they want their bottles to look.
Its simply amazes me that any bottle could survive for over 100+ years and still be intact.
While some collectors may want to make your bottle look cleaner, I think that your bottle looks great just the way it is.
Enjoy it!
CaptCadillac

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter