A collection of items found at an abandoned house

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Emily832

Reaction score
I think I maybe found the motherload at an abandoned house I recently explored. Found a spike straight razor that I believe to be from the 50's, one of those really large and old two person saws, a coca-cola thermometer from I believe the 1910s, weirdly enough, a ku klux klan calling card, and also some old item that my grandfather thinks is a scale of some sort but any info on this item would be much appreciated. For the old box scale thingy it says "The ward-stilson co. manufacturers; new london O.; Patent applied for" and then in finer print around the top edges it says "The Whitehead and HOAG CO.; Newark N.J."

Also if anyone has any information about any of these items that's contrary to what I've said please let me know. All my time frames are guesses so if anyone knows anything for certain it would be much appreciated to know for sure.

IMG_3044.jpgIMG_3032.JPGIMG_3033.JPGIMG_3045.JPGIMG_2995.jpgIMG_2994.jpg

bottles_inc

Reaction score
that's some rad stuff. that coke thermometer could be worth real money.

Timelypicken

Reaction score
The thermometer is worth around $50-$100 dollars I would say on recent sales. If yours was mint it would range around $300 Or more

Timelypicken

Reaction score
That’s sad. It could still bring some money at auction

Flasks

Reaction score
Abandoned old houses should never be considered a place to find free stuff. Someone owns that property whether an individual or an estate, but have neglected to do anything with the place. You are legally "stealing" from that place at this time and unless you have "written" permission from the owner/owners to take what you want you can be held liable for trespassing and theft which would make for a bad day, possible arrest and a mark on your record. I'm sure you're a great person but didn't stop long enough to think of the ramifications of helping yourself because YOU THINK no one cares. Been there, did that, paid the price.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229