A Dig with Swizzle...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
Well me and Swizzle met up for the first time,and I forgot to bring my digi cam and also detector "but brought my diggn tools"..
It was a good experiance to meet up with another digger,and also a bottle nut like me and others on this board,
But I brought him to a pre-1866 "on beers atlas map" celler hole near the old eerie canal,and i showed him afew of the privy holes to se what he said about them and maybe in the near future or spring Me and Swizzle will have afew pics to show from whats layin under the dirt up here --
Swizzle - If ya see this post a reponse man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! = gotta show ya somthing,and we gotta meet up 1 last time before the snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also what we found was a bucket full of iron items "nails,old horse and wagon/farm parts",and afew other keeper items,.....
But i wanted to let everyone know that Swizzle is a good guy,especialy when it comes down to trades!,and also diggn!....

to bad no pics though....

swizzle

Reaction score
Let's try this again. I just typed in a ton of text and lost it all.

We started at the parking lot and I wish I had have bought my digi-cam as well. There was a beautiful set of sundogs over the river. If you've never heard or seen sundogs before then check out spaceweather.com. scroll down to the links and look for atmospheric optics. Its a cool site and link, check it out.

We headed to the first cellar hole to check it out and ended up staying at the first cellar hole. We were going to just look around and run to the next cellar hole. I was impressed by the amount of privy's at this spot. These people must've been full of s***. It was a beautiful site with a large L shaped cellar hole that looked like it was broken up into sections with stone walls in the hole. A large and lovely slate lined cistern, privy and well. The well was full of brick so I know where the chimney went to. We picked at the first and only slate lined privy and then hit the cap. One large privy looked as though it had been dug a few years back. We dug a few test holes and came out with a total of 4 bottles. All in all it was a good day. I'm not a relic collector so I gave all the relics to Whitelighting. The bottles we found were 1930's-40's. I know there's older stuff there and I'm guessing its deep inside those privy's. Next time we meet up we'll check out the other place that you were talking about. Hopefully in the spring armed with a better probe we can decide which privy to attack and maybe we'll pull out some old quack bottles. Whitelighting is not quite what I expected. I was expecting to meet a fast talking city slicker and it was quite the opposite. He's a laidback guy and the conversation wasn't in the least bit forced. It was a beautiful day, a nice dig at a lovely spot and good conversation. Whitelighting gave me my first hutch and a dr. kilmer's that I was looking for. Thanx man. Hopefully I don't lose all this text again when I hit the ok button this time. We'll definately hook up again for another dig. Catch ya later and thanx for everything. Swizzle

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Hey Guys,sounds like a good day all round,nice to see bottle diggers getting together.Snakeboy and I were out on Saturday,but it was a bust,moved more ash than I care to think about.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960