A few more figural colognes.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Hey bottlenut whats the low down on this scroll ? I don't know to much about colognes.

AEF46C915BD34E2383C28BDC9EAEC83F.jpg

Attachments

• AEF46C915BD34E2383C28BDC9EAEC83F.jpg
    AEF46C915BD34E2383C28BDC9EAEC83F.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 92

woody

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: herenthere

Hey Mark how's it going? wow, I can't believe how many immature members they have here. Posted a question and one person sez I payed too much for an item he knows nothing about. A 50 cent cobalt sugar bowl I picked up at a yard sale, and another tells me that Jane Spillman over at Corning did'nt know what she was talkin about. So many wanna-bes here. The handles on the bowl were attached at the bottom and drawn up. Beautifully drawn finial with snaped top and flanged cover with sufficent base wear with a nice pontil with metal residue. Figured I'd send her some pics and see if something was up. Anyways, hows your collection going? I sold one of my colognes for an unbelieveable price. Then the guy buys two more for 400.00 each, the urn with the DR script initials and another pretty common urn shaped with scrolls and flowers. I think you have that one, or maybe both. Every once in a while someone drops by with some big bucks. Hope everything's ok with your collecting. Take care.

You know....... with remarks like this you're probably not going to last too long on this site.
It is fairly eveident that you are not familiar with some of the members that are more than qualified to know about bottles and their manufacture, here.
Do your homework, first, before you condemn people.

woody

Reaction score
Fair warning..... there seems to be too much animosity going on around here, lately.

Please try and be tolerant to other peoples opinion.

herenthere

Reaction score
Only tellin the truth....and it hurts sometimes. I've seen some people asking honest, legitimate, sincere, questions and get some very rude and snobish answers. It happens to some boards. I've met and spoke to a few people from here on the phone who are totally knowledgeable and friendly. Does it seem like I'm trying to start an argument or kick up dust? I'll bet ya I'm not the first one to notice it. I've never jumped in to defend someone that was being treated rudely because it only adds fuel to the fire. If you feel I've steped out of bounds then ban me. I'm not the least bit worried about a 10.00 donation. I stop by here every now and then to check out a couple bottles and maybe chit chat with someone. I'm not here to start trouble. Tell me there aren't a few immature members here. Take care.

Just Dig it

Reaction score
Im pretty sure its just as immature to badmouth all the good people on here and the whole forum itself because you got someones opinion on a piece of glass.. by saying this what are you hoping to achieve? if you really wanted to fix the problem of how you felt ...tell people when they offend you and how..instead of bringing it up in another post .no use crying over spilt milk..im pretty sure the number of amazing replys and smart people giving you Free Valuable Information outweigh anything anyone allegedly ever said

glass man

Reaction score
I AM SURE THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE THAT HAVE ALL SORT OF FLAWS ON THIS FORUM! BUT WHY HURT SOMEBODIES FEELINGS? YOU DON'T THINK MEAN IS WORSE THEN IMMATURE OR WHATEVER? WE ALL WANT TO BE ACCEPTED ON HERE REGARDLESS OF WHERE WE HAVE A HUGE BEAUTIFUL COLLECTION OR ONE BROMO SELTZER WE JUST DUG UP IN OUR FIRST DIG, FIRST BOTTLE AND IT MEANS AS MUCH AS ANY BOTTLE EVER HAD!!! THE LOVE AND EXCITEMENT IS THE SAME! WE ARE ALL HERE CAUSE WE LOVE BOTTLE COLLECTING AND THAT MAKES US ALL EQUAL! WE ALL GOT A RIGHT TO TALK OR SHOW OUR BOTTLE/BOTTLES AND SHOULD CHEER EACH OTHER ON!! LOVE YOUR COLLECTION,HOPE YOU CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE! PLEASE OPEN YOUR MIND! WHAT YOU SAID WAS SNOBBISH! WHAT DO YOU MEAN SO MANY "WANNA BES" ON HERE? THAT SOUNDS ALITTLE SNOBBY TO ME! HELL THIS FORUM AIN'T NO COUNTRY CLUB MENTALITY!! WHERE THE MIGHTY"BE" YOU THINK YOU ARE "AIN"T"! PEACE! OR WHATEVER. JAMIE

junkyard jack

Reaction score
Back to the bottles for a moment, those are very nice & they all look so fragile. It's amazing that bottles like these can survive all those years, especially those with the paper thin flared lips.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MBC