A few new one's for me

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
Bought these three little Codd's patents off a friend. They are as early as any codd you will ever see from Australia, they obiously need a polish but I'm happy [:D] .

They are John Starkey Sydney narrow neck Codd's patent 4, the rear embossing reads left to right, top of photo is the front, bottom is the back.

1= CODD'S PATENT/ 4 / MAKERS / CODD & RYLANDS / BARNSLY

2= CODD'S PATENT/ 4 / BARNETTS & FOSTER / SOLE AGENTS / LONDONN

3= CODD'S PATENT/ 4 / BARNETTS & FOSTER / SOLE AGENTS / LONDONN / RYLANDS & CODD / MAKERS / BARNSLEY

Note the double N spelling of London [:D] , the top of the right hand one is great too.
I know they are not rare but I'm really pleased to get these.

Us53977.jpg

Attachments

• Us53977.jpg
    Us53977.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 79

IRISH

Reaction score
Also while I'm at it, this little lot turned up yesterday [;)] , sorry about the dirt but it was too cold today to clean them.

Xv64637.jpg

Attachments

• Xv64637.jpg
    Xv64637.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 72

IRISH

Reaction score
The lid is a John Gosnells, the codd a Trood Melbourne health & purity trade mark 7 ounce three way.
Here is a close up of the lid, it's not a good photo but I couldn't get it right today [:mad:] .

Wu59839.jpg

warith

Reaction score
very nice Starkeys! I've been trying to find myself one of the Barnett/Fosters examples with Rylands info also on it (like the farthest right one). They also come in 12oz size and sometimes have "Philip St" in the middle of the embossing. The bad news is that I think that they will not polish well, they were made from very poor quality glass.

I've got a group of perhaps 15 different Starkey codds, including one that I think is very rare "Starkey Ltd". The "John Starkey" codds (with pictorial trade mark) are common enough, and crown-sealed "Starkey Ltd" bottles (about 2,000 varieties) are very very common, but I've only seen the single "Starkey Ltd" codd.

and nice finds from last week!! that's a nice looking codd and it's always great to find pot lids!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2