A great find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
I would say it may be the MVM side of the company (3rd link near the bottom)
On the menu, there is a Historical Collection link that takes you to this page. I'm sure this is your best bet for ID

http://www.pauly.it/cms/default.asp?986898689E63A260515198669267A765

Buffalo Hunter

Reaction score
Maybe it's the picture of the label for you that does not convey it's true age; I knew when I glanced at it was at least 100 years old. Please see the first link I posted in my reply to blobbottlebob. On what do you base your opinion? I also offer you this that I found doing a quick search:

Venezia e Murano, Compagnia di (Compagnia di Venezia e Murano Vetri e Mosaici) Murano, Venice, Italy (1866 - 1909)
A.k.a. The Venice & Murano Glass & Mosaic Co. Edward Burne-Jones (1880s), Vincenzo Moretti, Attilio Spaccarelli, Luigi Dalla Venezia, Giovanni Serena, Isidoro Seguso, Giovanni Nason, Andrea Rioda (all 1890s). The Baroviers & Segusos learnt their art here. London showroom at 30 St James's Street, SW. Company bought out by Marco Testolini in 1909, production having already ceased. Continued as commissioning retailers & merged with Pauly & C in 1920
For your consideration the source: http://www.great-glass.co.uk/glass%20notes/mant-v.htm

Now I have not done research to become familiar with the ingredients that give it the effect LC and Rockbot asked about to offer a correct answer. Good honest questions are how we learn, answers based on knowledge are how we understand. As I said I am more comfortable with American glasshouses products, but I will study and ask questions, because I'm guessing that's what a "chump" does.

Buffalo Hunter

Reaction score
I stand corrected on the age, it appears you were closer than I was. I just received the following reply. As I learn more I will share.

thank you for contacting us.
congratulations for the beautiful vase, the vase in black and gold and will be about years 1920. Is an object that in similar form we are still in factory.

at your disposal for any questions

best regard

Pauly san Marco srl
Compagnia Vetraria Muranese
Nostos Luce
p.zza san Marco 73 Store
041/5235484
f.ta Vetrai 43 Murano
041/736843 Factory

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads