A little peek

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WAHIAWA DIGGER

Reaction score
Awesome little oriental bottle... Was that also a hawaiian whiskey in the pic? Can't wait to see the rest of the pic's!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Great bottle quest Tony....Very cool finds.
m6.gif
There has to be an interesting story as to why they're (bottles dumped) in a cave. Were there any critters in there while you were digging?

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
BOO-YAH! Love the Big island boonies. Always fun to chop your way in through the mangoes, bananas, star fruit, and all the flippin vines. At least you can eat a little somethin' once in a while. Mahalo, Tony.

madman

Reaction score
wow that is very interesting! great flask

rockbot

Reaction score
Thanks for dropping by!

Andy, its actually not that far, just takes a long time to get to it. The freaken vines bog you down. It was a mill camp site.

Nate, there was one but its lower down behind the pile of use.

Joe, its not a real cave. What you see in the entrance is a couple of early 1950's cars that were pushed down the embankment in the late 60's.
Me and a bottle digging friend of mine tunneled between them to get to some virgin ground. The surrounding area was dug out years ago.
Remember the earthquake I told you about a week ago? well it caved in a big portion of it so bottles are exposed. Had to move a lot of soil though.

Mike, no kidding about the vines. It totally burns you out. Darn tools get snagged, backpack gets hooked up, its like some jungle training course!
its exhausting.

mr. fred, it says "for the heart". I believe it actually contained some quake cure or heart medicine. I'll have to get a more accurate translation.

Thanks Jim, Mad. The best part about yesterdays dig was ..no mosquitos.. oh and some cool glass![;)]

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Hmmm, Now I see it....[:)] That's cool and resourceful that you dug those bottles out from under the cars....Pretty cool too that you watch for Ma nature to give you an advantage! I have a dump that I used to check after a heavy rain,...I rerouted the creeklet through it...Not the same scale as an earthquake, but same concept...Thanks for sharing Tony,...Can we see them cleaned someday soon?

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Cool pics Rocky. I love the shot with the amber bottles still embedded. The main one looks embossed. Can't wait to see what it is. I'm hoping for a long necked amber hutch. Aloha!

sodetraveler

Reaction score
Howzit Rockbot!

That spot sure looks familiar, I'm pretty sure I dug there once before myself - although all I got from under those cars was a couple of Primo bottles! [:)][:)]

No worries brah, I ain't going to give away your spot - assuming it's even the same spot I dug before. If it is though, I know what you mean by dangerous! Steep banks and super loose soil that can cave in on you in a heartbeat [:-]

Don't get squashed under one of those old cars, no bottle is worth that!

Nice finds and good luck. Mahalo for sharing [:D]

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

Cool pics Rocky. I love the shot with the amber bottles still embedded. The main one looks embossed. Can't wait to see what it is. I'm hoping for a long necked amber hutch. Aloha!

I wish Bob! no amber hutches.[;)]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen